Eating veggies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Eating veggies

First.... if I dont come back in a few days its cause we've been having puter trouble...

Ok... I've been giving Calico carrots and lettuce everyday along with his pellets. But he wont touch them. Hes young and was probably not given any in the store, I plan to continue to give it to him. Do you think if I just keep putting it in there he will eventually eat it? I've never had one not eat it before. My others were right there when they saw me coming with it and would scarf it down! Oh and it IS romaine that I'm giving him. He does love the alfalfa. Thanks

:blob4: Amber:blob4:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Never mind... he went for the carrot a little while ago. I'm sure he'll eat the lettuce eventually too Thanks tho.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Any luck with the letttuce yet?

My pigs also love parsley, cilantro, tomatoes, red and green leaf lettuces, green peppers, apples and so many other veggies and fruits.

I've Been Frosted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Not the lettuce. He wouldn't touch it. I am going to try again soon. He loves watermelon, apples (red ones... doesn't really care for green) and carrots. My other piggies liked cucumbers and bell peppers as well as the other stuff I listed. I will try the tomatoes too

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Playful Pup

hia

i dont give mine lettuce, only occasionally as a treat, as too much can cause diarhea.
If you are worried about him not eating the carrot you can buy carrot drops which you add to his water so that he is still getting the valuable vitamin c he needs!

Personal Site:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

my other two pigs were given lettuce every morning and never had any bowel problems. I've found some other things he likes to eat

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 12:23 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Red and green leaf lettuces are not bad for guinea pigs. Iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value and is full of water, so therefore just makes their stools soft or runny.

My pigs only get the red and green leaf lettuces, plus various other veggies. I won't even give them iceberg as a treat, I don't want to chance digestive problems.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Playful Pup

Lettuce, if fed in large amounts is dangerous, as it can give them serious problems with their liver.

Gave mine celery last night for the first time. They loved it.

Personal Site:

Last edited by Miss_Skelter; 08-20-2004 at 07:00 AM.

Tags
guinea pig