Errr...question to you all from a new mommy. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Talking Errr...question to you all from a new mommy.

Well a sincere THANK YOU, THANK YOU goes out to all of you piggie lovers. Due to the constant pictures and adorable stories, I finally gave in and bought a little pig last month.I am new to the piggie world, and so far I am smacking myself wondering why it took me so long to get one!

Now, I am still getting used to all of his little habbits and noises. One that I am kinda wondering about, is sometimes when I take him out of his cage, he does this vibratting noise and his all body shakes...is that a good thing? I have heard that they are sort of purring or something, but he seems to do it at the weirdest times, when you'd think he'd be mad that I just put his harness on him or something.

Any pointers on keeping him my happy little piggie will be greatley appreciated.

I will try and get pictures of Chicken (hee hee, couldn't resist calling him that becuase of his crazy mohawk hair) for you all as soon as I find my camera.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoo Keeper of the "Crazies"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Its a boy right? My boy did that all the time!!! Its hilarious! That's what I miss so much about him. He's just doing his boy-thing! lol

What's the harness for?

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Lol...of course it's a boy thing, I just love it though!!!

The little harness is for when we take a walk at the park. He purrs when I put it on, which made me sort of think the purr thing was a bad thing, and that he didn't like when it first goes on. But let me tell you, the minute he's on the grass, he just goes crazy with squeaks, and whistles!!! Chicken is obsessed with pant legs too, so I always start moving away from him, and he will chase me for a long time, trying to get to my legs! It is the cutest thing watching his little butt wiggle as he runs!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

That's great! He probably wants to go up your pant legs! My GP's would love to go up or in anything I'm wearing!

Alicyn

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He sounds adorable! And what a unique name.
Glad you "saw the light" and got a piggie. Welcome to the club!!
Can't wait to see pics!!!

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yes! Welcome to the piggie section and hope to see pigtures real soon of Chicken!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you! He's such a cutie.. the name just sort of grew on me, becuase I was always calling him chicken little, especially when he sticks his little head out and all you see is tuffs of fur coming out from his head in all directions! I will try and get some pictures of him tonight.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

PS: How about a playmate for Chicken?! heehee. I'm trying to be a 'good' influence.

Life Is Short

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Cuddles22

Post Re: Errr...question to you all from a new mommy.

Hi moliybaby,
My name is miranda! I just think that "chicken" lol
is sooooo cute. I think that the shacking isnt something to worry about!!!! Well i hope we can be buddys.
Bye, Cuddles22
P.S.- I have a hamster named cuddles and if you could write me back I wuld like you to tell me what i should do about her biteing all the time!!! Thx....

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

oh pigsterz...you are going to get me in trouble!!!
Knowing me and my weakness for everything and anything furry...I am sure in no time, I will weaken in the knees, and get a little Chickpea for my baby boy. tee hee...just don't tell my landlord!!!

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

hi cuddless22! do you mean to say that your hamster bites you all the time? I used to have 3 hamsters, and at first they would try to nip me, but when they realized that i wouldn't let them go if they bit, they stopped doing it. It's a hard habbit to break since those little monkeys can chomp down pretty hard!!

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Chickpea!! Oooooh I like I like I like that name!!!
And mummm is the word. I won't tell if you don't tell. (3 cats & 2 pigs here...heehee)

Life Is Short

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Chickpea would be a suitable name hey? And thanks to you pigsterz, I mentioned what you said to my roomate, and now she is excited about the fact of getting Chickpea to keep Chicken company!!! grrr.... hee hee. So in the very near future, I will start looking for a new playmate. Sorry I don't have pics of Chicken yet, I can't find my camera.
I promise to post some asap!!!!

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Pssst! Find your camera yet?

Life Is Short

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well, I do know where the camera is, but right now it is blocked by about 20 boxes as my friend is moving in with me. Tomorrow night we are going to take Chicken to the park, so I will be able to get some pics of him playing. I won't be able to post them till monday since I had to unhook my computer at home to move it into my room. uggg, i hate moving!!! Oh and by the way, it looks like sometime in the very near future, I will be getting ChickPea. I mentioned what you said Pigsterz to my roomate, and now she is all excited over that concept. hee hee.

Tags
guinea pig, sit still