Favorite Treats - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Forgot to say that my pigs like the yogurt drops made by I think Vitakraft. They come in a little green box.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Seeker of Orbs

hagrid snubs his nose at oranges. lol "hmph!" am trying other things, but yeah i've heard red peppers are

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Maybe I over-spoil my boys, since their foster Mommy before me did as well. I find that other then Carrots, broccoli & romaine lettuce, my boys will NOT eat the same things everyday. I've tried adding more fruit to increase their intake of Vit. C, like cantaloupe, which they love. Oranges, they aren't big on. But, in that case, I give each of them half of a vitamin C chewable tablet which they don't really like too much, but, I know they need. Not everyday, just when they pass up their oranges for more then 2 days and I start to worry.

Why are Carrots and Broccoli no good for everyday feedings?

Very Proud Mommy to:

Mother & Daughter:
Whinnie - Amer. Red-nosed Pit-Bull Terrier - 3yrs
Boo-Boo - Amer. Red-Nosed Pit-Bull Terrier - 1 1/2yrs

Bailey - Amer. Blue-nosed Pit-Bull Terrier - 3 1/2yrs

Robert - DSH Male Black Cat - 2yrs
Mango - DSH Female Black Cat - 3yrs
Snoopy - DSH Female Black & White Cat - 4yrs

Brother & Sister:
Ace - DMH Female Black Cat - 11yrs
Murray - DSH Male Grey Cat - 11yrs

Brothers:
HamHock - Tri-Colour Piggie - 1yr
PorkChop - Beige & White Piggie - 1yr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchris_28
I think peppers are high in Vitamin C too, aren't they?
Yes, Bell Peppers are very high in vitamin C, just dont give them chile peppers.
They cant have alot of Calcium, broccli is very high in calcium, therfore, limit it to about twice a week.

Dog mum to Snowy And Tuffy!

Guinea pig mum to Erin, Cocoa, Tilly, and Buffalo Bill!

Hammy mum to Twinkie!

Fish mum to Jakie!

Forever In my heart
Silvia my wonderful Guinea piggie.

Angel and Sammy my hammies.
My sweet lil parakeet Sky.

My lil guinea pig Piglet, I sware she had Angel wings and a Halo!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I just tried serving oranges to my babies in a different way, b/c they never have been too big on them. I get naval oranges, cut it in half, then cut that in half, then take the peel off, and break it into sections. I can do that with my fingers, it kind of comes apart. They seem to like that better than when I just served them a huge chunk. I think it's easier for them to eat. I've heard that orange peels are toxic to small animals. Is that true?

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur

Tags
alfalfa hay, romaine lettuce