A few questions. - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Rodentologist

I think that all pairs have the same likelihood of fighting, in all honestly. Most people think that "males fight more" because they stick them in tiny pet store cages... and in that case, males will fight more, although females will still fight.

I've got three males living together, and they get along swimmingly, but my 2 spayed girls/1 neutered male seem to have spats more often, though they're in the same sized cage. Personality plays more into it than sex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Ya, that makes sense. I'll most likely go with females, in any case. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. (I'm all out of questions for now)
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Ok, now I have another. Pigs are suppose to get vitamin C daily, so are oranges ok? 'Cause I know Hamsters and mice can't have too much of them. And how much do you suggest they get daily? One place said a quarter of one daily, but does that mean one of the big types of oranges, or a small one like a clemintine? Also, would you give the peel alwell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 PM

That would depend on several factors. If the two males are raised together, and are bonded, then I would get them. Females mayonly have their disagreements when they go into heat. The best bet would be when you are ready is to see what the rescue has, and you will know which ones you want. You'll know the second you see them, kind of.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Ya, that's what I'll probably do.

Also, there's the citrus question I worte just before.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Rodentologist

Pigs do need Vitamin C daily, but they shouldn't be given oranges daily, which are sugary and whose acid can cause some pigs to have mouth sores. Instead, they need 1 cup of fresh veggies per day per pig.

Guinea Lynx :: Diet

Guinealynx is one of the best sources on the internet for diet information. My pigs get a mixture of romaine, green lead, and red leaf lettuces, along with endive or escarole, bell peppers, cilantro and parsley.

Tags
aspen shavings, guinea lynx, neutered male, pet store