fighting again - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

fighting again

well, hagrids acting all crotchety to pheonix and even me, "NO touchy", but when you do finally get him and pet him he's fine....

he;s been sleeping under the water bottle, and snapping at phoenix...we do have 2 food dishes, but when one is empty he'll kinda guard it too...

has he gone senile?! is pheonix entering his ''challenging'' teen piggy years?? have we accidentally done something by letting the food run down once?? lol or does he just need a good ear cleaning?....

any advice?

~beth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 04:09 PM

Phoenix's hormones may have become prevelant and they are now reasserting their pecking order. It's all about the rank in the herd ya know.

Watch Hagrid for wounds, bald spots (could be mites), and if you are not keeping track of their weights, may I recommend starting. If Hagrid is dropping weight there may be a medical reason, or Phoenix not letting him eat.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

will definitey keep an eye on their wieghts. i'd hate for either of them to keep food/water from the other....

So far <knocks on wood> it's not been actual FIIGGHHTS just rearing up and opening their mouths, ALOT of chatterings, hackles raised..
should i break them up when they do that so it doesn't escalate??

sorry for all the questions....

thanks!

~beth

thank you!--->

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 05:36 PM

Nope let them work out their differences. If there is blood drawn, then yes break them up, however have a towel handy to do it or they may "nail" you. Trust me it HURTS!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

i can't tell if it's a booboo or a fight mark cuz both of them love to chew the pigloo and coraplast.

and i noticed pheonix has a little line-like mark under his eye, but neither of them act like it hurts upon inspection. and there's no blood or anything....

it's really saddening me that they're just up and fighting.

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 PM

Looks as though they may have been arguing. That wound doesn't look "bad" on the "bad scale", I've seen far worse. Are they still going at it?

How old is Hagrid compared to Pheonix?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

hagrid is about 6 months older/ bigger. lol

they're still going at it everynow and then..........chattering and contactless lunging mostly.

might it help if we....
* changed their bedding and bathed them?
*Took the food out except for certain 'eating times'?
* got another pigloo?

any suggestions are totally welcome!

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 06:22 PM

That being the case, Pheonix is going through his teen stage and we all know about hormonal teens! They asserting themselves as to figure out who is going to be the boss in the order of things.

Your pigs are lucky, my pigs have no pigloos, they have cube made shelves (I bent a cube put some coro on it and wa la a shlef) that they can hide under, but does not allow for encloseure. It also helps to remove pigloos during the day so they have to socialize instead of fighting about who get the castle.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

well, last night they got into it again bad.......hagrid seems to have a small chunk out of his upper L lip. and seems to have dashed his progress on his hurt foot. it was progressing good, now this.

pheonix was limping but is ok.

SO... we're just so at a loss! its random as far as when it happenes/ with what/ and the extent of it.

our question is now becoming...nuetering. any good? will it help? or might we be better off seperating them?

thanks

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 04:02 PM

Neutering will not help, I would just seperate them by dividing the cage, that way they can still see each other.

Darn beasties... Never know what they're gonna do next.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4piggers
Darn beasties... Never know what they're gonna do next.
hahaha! exactly.

i am worried tho...can they get senile? like pheonix is acting like my old dog does to his slightly older brother. dugan was the runt of the litter and he has always done the same thing to the other dog as pheonix. except he doesn't seem to remember attacking the other dog.... and that seem like pheonix. acting like "oh gee, hagrid, someone tore you a knew one!" totally forgetting it was him. lol

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:47 PM

I don't think so. I think it is hormones that take over, you know how those things rage.

Tags
food dishes