Fungal infection tragedy.. and reoccurance
I barried one of my piggies last week. He died near the end of his fungal infection treatment. After he passed I took my other two, Oreo and Peaches, to the vet to make sure they were fine. Oreo is very healthy and did amazing during the exam, no problems at all. Peaches however acted much like my late piggie Chocolate. Very stressed at the vet handling her. He couldn't take her temp, or anything. But he looked her over and said she was showing signs similar to that of the fungal infection and suggested I treat her for it.
I'm now faced with having to seperate her from Oreo, and go through the treatment once again, with the risk of losing her. It isn't nearly as bad as Chocolate's infection... but I'm still a bit timid.
Any advice on handling the situation, and preventing it from coming up agian?