GP childrens book - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
I live in a Pigdom

Post GP childrens book

My stepdaughter received a gift certificate from her grandma and grandpa for Barnes and Noble bookstore, so we went out to purchase a new book.
We found a book called Pee - Wee's Tale by Johanna Hurwitz, and I have scanned a few pages and it looks SO good. It is a chapter book which is good for her age, just had to share that I had found a cute book.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 07:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

That sounds really cute!

I just went and looked it up at Amazon (here is the link for anyone else that is interested: Pee Wee's Tale by Johanna Hurwitz ) and I think I'll add it to my daughter's book list (although I'm a bit shocked that the writer chose to have the guinea pig "released in the park"). Thanks! There are also 2 more books in the series: Lexi's Tale and Pee Wee and Plush: A Park Pals Adventure.

I got my 1st grader a couple of the "Fluffy" books (Fluffy's 100th Day at School ) and one of the Animal Ark books (Guinea Pig in the Garage ) for Christmas and they were a BIG hit.

My preschooler loves the books by Kate Duke (One Guinea Pig is Not Enough and Twenty Is Too Many )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To see more pictures of Molly, Milo, Max & Maddie and their home
click on the picture or visit

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm crossing my fingers that my previous post came out alright. I'm still new and my posts don't show up right away yet so I couldn't edit. So I appologize if any of the links didn't work or if there were a bunch of typos!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

Another good GP "children's" book is Guinea Pigs Don't Read Books by Colleen Stanley Bare

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Erin

Calypso, I need to get the twenty is too many now! LOL.

I do have One Guinea Pig is Not Enough, I love that book! I wonder why? hah.

I'll have to check the others, I do want to get a collection of the childrens books. My brother is getting married in may, I'm sure I'll have a little neice or nephew in the next two years, lol.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
I live in a Pigdom

It made me cry... When the father had to let him go in Central Park because mother didn't like rodents, and he chased after father so he could go home, that was heart wrenching. Poor Robbie, the child Pee Wee belonged to was at a slumber party so he had no idea what his parents were doing. After that it was a tale of a guinea pig in the Park.

I agree I don't like the idea of the guinea pig being dumped in the park at all, but I have explained to Katy that there are people like that and WE are not one of them.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 12:43 PM
Adolescent Pup

Erin, I think that's a great idea! You will be the amazing aunt with tons of guinea pigs and cavy books!

You definately need Twenty is Too Many!! LOL!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Erin

I went a little book buying crazy last night, thank you! lol.

I bought 11 books, hah.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 09:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

ROTFLOL!

OK Crazy Cavy lady... which ones did you get? Have you read them all yet

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 12:31 PM
Erin

i went through amazon.com so I can donate some $ to Rachel's rescue in Baraboo so they aren't here yet.

I have to fill up the cavy book ends I have, you know!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Playful Pup

Another great place to get guinea pig books for kids (of all ages) is the Winking Cavy Store. They have lots of fun books (and other items) and are great to deal with:
http://www.winking-cavy.co.uk/acatal...ations_34.html

The main URL to the Winking Cavy Store is: http://www.winking-cavy.co.uk/

Tags
guinea pig