GP Nutrition - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Jorgha

GP Nutrition

First of all, have some keyboard problems here so please bare with me. Two keys on my keyboard do not work at all because one of the kids dumped Kool-Aid in my keyboard.

As most everyone here knows I did a nutrition page for Christi (ok, can we tell which two keys do not work?) on Chinchillas. I want to do one on guineas so I need people to send me the nutritional information off of petfood bags, treats, and the like (email address is in my profile ~ I hope ([email protected]). LOL. Need one of those non-working keys for my email address. If all else fails, ask Christi for it. Klingon Empire is down for the time being so that email address does not work. I won't get any email there for a while so please don't send email there.) . I would also really like it if someone could send me the nutritional information on dandilions. I can't find it.

Christi ~ do you want the GP nutrition page for PT or should I put it up on my own? You get first dibs on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 04:46 PM

I put in your c's and v's for you.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Jorgha

Thank you. I was hoping that you or someone else would be able to do that for me. Until I get a new keyboard I am afraid that someone is going to have to keep an eye on my posts and help me out.

So, you want to send me the info on Mazuri GP food? I know you have it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 07:54 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I would love to have it for PT! You're the best.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 08:30 PM

Sorry I threw the bag out over a week ago. I can get it for you next time.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 10:46 PM
Jorgha

You got it Christi. When it is done you can put it up here. Got some stuff that I need to look up...need the info on foods if people will please send it to me. Really don't want to have to look it all up on the net...that could take forever, especially since I have no clue how many foods are out there.

I am actually thinking of doing this for every animal...a nutrition page simialar to the one that did for the chins. What do you think?

Anyone feel like they are in the twilight zone reading my posts with the missing letters?

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 06:53 AM
Fertile Myrtle

I think it's a great idea!!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Jorgha

Well, if I am going to do all this I need people to send me information for it. Where should the post go to get everyones attention for that?

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Erin

Jorgha, I just got in a shipment from oxbow today, I can get you the information for Bunny Brome, Cavy Cuisine, and Orchard Grass... just let me know what EXACTLY you need!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 07:33 PM
Erin

Also, wanted to PM you back but your box is full, you can use my pictures of the babies for your new page.

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 02:12 PM
P-Diggity Dog Lover

The only foods I get are Cavy Performance for the kids, and Cavy Cuisine for the adults. Timothy, Oat, Orchard Grass Hays - and Wheat Hay from American Pet Diner.

I think Oxbow foods are the best - although the UPS driver hates me! He's allergic to hay, and gets a back ache every time I order!

Donna
Dallas, Houston & Peanut the Prairie Dogs
Gypsy & Amber the Satos
Apache, Amigo, Max, and Morgan the Kitties
Scooter, Annie, Buttercup & Squeaky the Guinea Pigs
Mocha & Latte the Rat A Tats
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Dallas and Erin, if you don't mind could you please post the ingredients for us?? If you need an idea of what we're looking for look in Georga's thread in the General Animal Discussion section - the title is Help.

Thanks!!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:53 PM
Erin

Cavy Cuisine

Here is the cavy cuisine from oxbow hay

Ingredients

Timothy Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Salt, Limestone, Molasses Products, Yeast Culture, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Monophosphate L-ascorbic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine, Pyrodoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Lysine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex and Cobalt Glucoheptonate.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein min 14.00 %
Crude Fat min 1.50 %
Crude Fiber min 25.00 %
Crude Fiber max 28.00 %
Calcium min 0.35 %
Calcium max 0.85 %
Phosphorus min 0.25 %
Salt min 0.50 %
Salt max 1.00 %
Vitamin A, IU/lb min 13,000
Vitamin C, mg/lb min 200

Cavy Cuisine is specifically designed to meet the particular nutritional needs of adult guinea pigs. It's lower level of protein helps protect the kidneys, it's decreased caloric cantent helps prevent obesity, and it's high level of quality fiber maximizes digestive function. Cavy Cuisine's optimal calcium to phosphurus ratio also helps maintain the health of the urinary tract. Timothy grass hay, a natural forage, is cavy cuisine's primary ingrediant. Timothy provides the fiber neccesary to maintain intestinal health and makes cavy cuisine the veterinarian's number one choice for your adult guinea pig.

Guinea pigs require daily supplementation with vitamin c. Cavy Cuisine includes stay C-35 , a stabilized form of vitimin c that has a six month shelf life. To guarentee that you guinea pig is consuming an adequete amount of vitamin c, be sure your pet is eating the amount of cavy cuisine indicated below. If your guinea pig is consuming less than the amount listed, you may need to supplement with additional vitamin c.

Feeding Instructions:
Growing(under 6 months): Not Recommended
Mature(over 6 months): 1/8 cup pellets daily in addition to unlimited grass hay.
Gestating/Lactating: No Recommended

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Erin

cavy performance

I copied this off the site

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein min 18.00 %
Crude Fat min 2.50 %
Crude Fiber min 18.00 %
Crude Fiber max 23.00 %
Calcium min .60 %
Calcium max 1.10 %
Phosphorus min .25 %
Salt min .50 %
Salt max 1.00 %
Vitamin A, IU/lb min 10,000
Vitamin C, mg/lb min 400

Ingredients

Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Salt, Monophosphate L-Ascorbic Acid, Molasses Products, Yeast Culture, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine, Pyrodoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex and Cobalt Glucoheptonate

Feeding Instructions

Young Animals (under 6 months):
Feed unlimited pellets daily in addition to unlimited grass hay.

Adult Animals (over 6 months):
Feed 1/8 cup pellets daily in addition to unlimited grass hay.

Gestating and Lactating Sows:
Feed unlimited pellets daily in addition to unlimited grass hay. Alfalfa hay may be given in small quantities.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Erin

western timothy hay

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein min 7.00 %
Crude Fat min 1.50 %
Crude Fiber max 32.00 %
Moisture max 15.00 %

Ingredients
timothy hay

Feeding Instructions

Timothy should be fed free-choice to mature animals as an alternative to orchard, oat and brome grass hays. Free-choice means that the feed is available at all times.

description

Western Timothy is a high fiber, low protein, low calcium grass hay which helps keep the gastrointestinal tract of rabbits and small herbivores functioning properly. Feeding timothy hay helps to prevent obesity, maintain a healthy urinary system and improve overall health.

Timothy is the hay most widely recommended by veterinarians for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and other herbivores. It is a very fragrant hay, which encourages consumption.

The first cutting is harvested in mid-summer. It is a more mature hay, containing a higher stem to leaf ratio and is coarser in texture. First cutting timothy is actually healthier as it is higher in fiber and lower in protein than a second cutting timothy, but some small animals may not find it as appealing as a second cutting.

The second cutting timothy is an immature cutting of hay, and therefore contains a higher leaf to stem ratio. It is harvested in the late fall and is very soft and palatable to small animals. It is our leafiest and most popular hay, and also makes great bedding material for young animals as it is very soft. (SUPPLY LIMITED!)

Tags
alfalfa hay, ascorbic acid, calcium pantothenate, crude fat, crude fiber, crude protein, folic acid, grass hay, guinea pig, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, oat hay, prairie dog, prairie dogs, timothy hay