Guinea Pig Housing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Guinea Pig Housing

Zoe's guinea pig Ladybug is out-growing her home. I think what they originally bought was a basic "starter set" for her, but like mother like daughter, Erin now thinks that Ladybug needs a larger place to live. It makes sense; if the animal is going to spend the majority of its life in a cage it SHOULD be big enough for it to have many different areas.

Has anyone run into a good website for getting cages for these guys? I bought my chin cage from the web (can't remember where now!) and it's huge and was a pretty good bargain and is well put together, etc. I'd like to find something nice for Ladybug, too.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:09 AM
Erin

www.cavycages.com

Very inexpensive home-made caging idea's

Here is just one of my cages, this houses my two males.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Thanks, Erin. My Erin's hubby is really good at building things (he did all the cages for my wildlife, builds fences - does landscaping for a living!) so this may be something that will really interest them. I've sent her the picture of yours and the link to the site.

I really appreciate you taking the time to add the picture.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Erin

they are really fun to build, and you aren't limited to stay with one design. I like to rearrange every now and then, I have an album of my past and present cages www.imageevent.com/erin8607/cavycages

the grids are sold at target stores, regualr price $19.99 a box(which is enough to build the cage pictured) and the coroplast bottom ranges from $10-$20 at sign shops.

Good luck to her!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

You have a blast with those things, don't you? Obviously well cared for and well loved - the whole group!!

Poor little LadyBug is a one and only, but I think they could figure out a way to make one her size.

I have a table that I bought at Sam's that would probably be great for one of these. I used to have my chin cage sitting on it. It's got a heavy plastic top (found in office furniture) and is regular table height so you don't break your back getting down to them. Bubba and Maverick used to have a great time playing when he would let Mav out of the cage and run around the outside of his cage.

I'm impressed with your pictures and have forwarded them on.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

Tags
guinea pig