guinea pig's weird behavior - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Uhh

I have 7 guinea igs and I manage to take care of them all fine. In fact, 6 of them were free(believe it or not). The piggie that acts weird has a baby right in her same cage n she doesnt have the same problem, so its not contagious, its genetic. I cant afford to take her 2 the vet only because Ive got 1 puny job that pays not a whole lot. So im sorry if you ppl disagree but Im not mistreating or neglecting my pigs. And no, i dont breed them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Playful Pup

TNSWfan80, you're the first person I've came across that disregards their animals as just 'pets' or pretty much 'objects' not 'fur-children' or a 'living, breathing person' I don't see the big difference between a breathing, heart-beating, blood running through veins and a feeling -animal and a breathing, heart beating, blood running through veins and feeling -human. The only difference is they are in a different form.

I would rush any of my pets, my friends pets or a stray to the vet if my truck was smashed into and broke, wait that sounds to familiar my car don't even run because of the head gasket but I still manage to get my babies health taken care of. I could care less about a non-living object, place or thing before a living pet/person.

I'm shocked that you say you'd rather not take your Guinea Pig to the vet just know he is healthy just so you can fix a car, No matter if it's a cold, broken leg or something else it is all painful, you can take Tylenol or some other kind of pain medication but the animal has nothing.

Pets are a commitment, not something to get and not take care of, sure you feed it but you don't know if that animal is bleeding internally, has a fatal cold, parvo or another illness and why would you want to go on not knowing?

I think you're missing the point. When it comes to animals health and well being nothing should stand in the way. I am NOT saying 'Oh no Fido needs a new $250 dog bone bed so we aren't fixing the car NOW that is 'UNREALISTIC"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavylove42
The piggie that acts weird has a baby right in her same cage n she doesnt have the same problem, so its not contagious, its genetic.
I must of missed your Vet certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavylove42
I cant afford to take her 2 the vet only because Ive got 1 puny job that pays not a whole lot.
Perhaps get another job? Or find someone to help, or rehome them so they can get the care they need.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Seeker of Orbs

look. i don't care how many pets you've owned, or how well you're able to take care of them.

I don't appreciate you coming on here and atacking us/me because or views differ. that is out of line. You don't know me and a blowing it WAY out of proportion. none of the things you've said are true. they are pets. animals. but realisticly, if it's between fixing my car THAT DOES NOT RUN AT ALL (NOT drivable) and going to the vet OBVIOUSLY i need to fix the car.

they ARE pet "babies" in the fact we DO take care of them, take them to the vet, feed them, clean them play with them.....\

<Pets are a commitment, not something to get and not take care of, sure you feed it but you don't know if that animal is bleeding internally, has a fatal cold, parvo or another illness and why would you want to go on not knowing?>

how do you come up with these things?? Where the heck did i say that? I DO what to know. but if one can't....

You know what -this is stupid. you have your view. i have mine. Stop atacking people because it's different...And please don't act like you know me and how i act with my pets. you don't. you've offended me, bad mouthed me wrongly and without proper cause. that does not fly with me. for right now you are on my ignore list.

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Okay, this thread has gone far enough.

This forum is built on respect, both for other forum members AND our pets. If you cannot disagree with someone respectfully even if you're concerned for an animal's welfare, please don't post it at all. If you need a refresher of the forum rules, you can view them here:
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/rules.php

Stephanie

Closed Thread

Tags
broken leg, ear infection, guinea pig, pet shop, vet care