Guinea and Skinny Pig Cage???? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Geez Degulover...
I know how frustrated you are, but it really doesnt help to put people down. Lauri took my advice and is buying her pig some parsley, so at least thats a step in the right direction... Hopefully she will keep improving her guinea pigs diet.
Telling Lauri how stupid you think she is isnt going to get us anywhere. If you have advice, go ahead and post it. But I dont think that being rude is going to help any.

Lauri- Good job on buying your piggie some parsley. Im sure she will love it! My pigs LOVE romain lettuce, so maybe you could get her some of that too next time you go to the store.
And we would love to see some piggie pictures!
I'm not going to give her a pat on the head because she bought her guinea pig PARSLEY. What about lettuce, green peppers...ect.....it just sounds like more laziness to me since you don't need to cut up parsley.

In her mind she still thinks it's a great idea to give her guinea pig vitamin drops because she's too lazy to go downstairs and give her some vegetables. If she thinks her guinea pig is her "kid" I'm not going to jump for joy when she talks about how she doesn't feel like going downstairs and upstairs to feed her guinea pig. That's not how a "mother" would act.

Last edited by DeguLover2009; 08-17-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

if you criticize people they are not going to respond and actually HELP the animal. Your goal ultimately is to HELP the animal and the only way to do this is to get through the owner, but that's NEVER going to happen if you are so harsh to the point where they never post their questions and never ask for help...in the end it's only the animal that is going to suffer..so lets put our egos aside and actually give advice without judgment- no one will ever want to post any questions if they know this is the negative response they will get and ultimately you push them away..you can get your point across in a less offensive maner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Playful Pup

lol okay lets not fight here. I feed my baby carrots, parsley, hay, spinache and pellets. I dont feed her lettuce because her owner that had her before me told me lettuce causes them to have diareah and then slowly die. I dont want to have a discussion about this thats just what she told me. So I never did it and never will with the lettuce please degu dont lecture me about lettuce. Thanks everyone, its fine. I put some pictures of her in my photo album thing so go look there for them her name is lu lu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Playful Pup

Also sometimes she gets apples but not too many and its a very very special treat for her. She dosent get it often but when she does she jsut gobbles it up loves apples.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 04:09 PM
is a little "special"

Her diet sounds alot better!
I would be careful with the spinich though. It was alot of calcium (like kale) and too much can cause problems like bladder stones.
As for lettuce, thats partially true for iceberg lettuce because it is mainly water and has next to no nutrients. Darker leaved lettuces, like romain, wont give them diareah if you introduce it to them slowly. None of my pets have ever gotten sick from it.
Just giving you my opinion on it
Keep up the good work!

Oh, and is that her pic in your avvie? Cute! I love the long haired piggies.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
cage, guinea pig, skinny pig