Help! My Guinea Pig Is Sick - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Help! My Guinea Pig Is Sick

My guinea pig Mitsuki is sick today i noticed she did not act like her self her eyes are not bright and they are kinda sunken in when you try to pet her she turns her head the other way she just sits there also i noticed that she lost some weight their is nothing wrong with her teeth but she hasn't been wormed could that be the problem? ive just been busy lately any questions and comments are greatly appricated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Rodentologist

She needs to go to the vet. It's unlikely that she has worms unless she spends a lot of time outside grazing on grass that's frequented by wildlife.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
is a little "special"

Take her to the vet!
Guinea pigs dont need to be wormed like a dog does. When my pigger started losing weight, it turned out to be heart/organ issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone that did reply but unfortunatly she died this morning before i could get her to the vet's
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Playful Pup

Hi I am so sorry. It could have been a gut problem sometimes guinea-pigs guts will twist inside each other we had a guinea-pig die of this. Worming guinea-pigs never heard of this we have had guinea-pigs for years and have never wormed them.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:53 AM
I am allergic to maths

i am sorry for your loss

Tags
guinea, pig, sick