hiding! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

Thumbs down hiding!

we just got done making Haggy's 2x4 CC cage.....we put a ramp in it....now haggy has learned if he's under the ramp we can't get to him! and if we try to gently prod him out he bites us! OOOWWW!

anyone else have this problem? you think he's just nervous in the new cage??

any thoughts? i think we might just take the ramp out....

~beth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

here's the ramp

~beth

thank you!--->

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Take a picture back further so as to see what he can go up too?

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

this is the whole cage...pre ramp....
it goes up to the unfinished 2nd level....which he hasn't discovered. lol

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 06:33 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Okay, well he is going to hide under the ramp no matter what you do. However I don't understand him biting you?!?! My pigs hide and when I get them out from where they are hiding they just squeal in contempt at me. I've never been bitten or nipped at for moving them out from hiding. If he was mine and was that defesive over the ramp it would be removed post haste. I don't appreciate being bitten over nothing.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Part of the Pack

Has he ever bitten you before this? I would be inclined to remove the ramp too. Your cage turned out nicely, by the way!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

i know he nips when he's out and has to potty, he nips accidentally when he misses the food and gets the fingers....... it just seems like he's gotten this attitude. our luck we got the bad boy pig. lol

i was trying to feed him and he got spooked and actually ran up the ramp and found the upper level which now has his wooden house and tons of hay..DOVE into it!..he wouldn't come down! so that's good i guess......

he only seems to come at us when he's under the ramp....we're thinking now he's just overwhelmed with all the space and it being new...

We are going to try taking it up in the day and having down so he can get to the 2nd level in the evening....get him in some sort of rut.

he hasn't broken the skin either yet, so thats a plus.

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny

Last edited by TNSWfan80; 01-29-2005 at 11:47 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummie
Your cage turned out nicely, by the way!!

thanks! we had fun making it! the choraplast we got was such a deal.
:blob4:

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Part of the Pack

I would just give him some time to get used to his new surroundings. Don't make him come out from under the ramp unless it's absolutely necessary and see if he calms down in time. I think taking the ramp up during the day is a good idea as well. Keep us updated!