Hmmmmmm.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Question Hmmmmmm....

should i get a guinea pig?my cousin had 2 i loved them to death!! i have enough money to SPOIL them!!Wyt do ya'll think?i need some care tips if you say yes!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
RAT ADDICT

I think you should do some research first and see if they are the pet for you.Look at pros and cons of piggies and then you can make your descision.

They are REALLY messy animals,they poop ALOT.They also need vitamin C every single day,as well as fresh hay and veggies.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh and they need fairly big cages and out of cage time as well.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
I think you should do some research first and see if they are the pet for you.Look at pros and cons of piggies and then you can make your descision.

They are REALLY messy animals,they poop ALOT.They also need vitamin C every single day,as well as fresh hay and veggies.
I agree, you should be the one to make the desicion. There are sevral factors to take into consideration, like do you have enough time for the animals, do you have enough room for the right size cage, and are you prepared for the possible medical costs. And as mentioned before it really does help to do some research so you know what your getting into.

My zoo:
The rats: London, Remmy, Butterfly, and Arabella
The guinea pigs: Victor, Augustus, and baby Milo
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

i heard rats are good pets? i show them to my dad all the time at the store! he always says "They are dirty animals, all i know is that" i always disagree but he is so persistant. I show him the dumbos (SO CUTE!!) and the fancys he says just think your friends will never want to come over with that! I say who cares il still have him! i know alot bout em i hold them in the store all the time! BTW i like dumbos because of the ears!! who wouldn't their so cute!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Oh for goodness sake! Here we go again!!! this is another Jomance!! No offense but why come on here shall i get this that and the other? Surely if you really want a pet that badly you will have researched the pet you really want! First its hamsters then guinea pigs and then rats etc. Animals are living breathing things that need a lot of time and care they are NOT TOYS!!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazsamps View Post
Oh for goodness sake! Here we go again!!! this is another Jomance!! No offense but why come on here shall i get this that and the other? Surely if you really want a pet that badly you will have researched the pet you really want! First its hamsters then guinea pigs and then rats etc. Animals are living breathing things that need a lot of time and care they are NOT TOYS!!!!
THANK YOU!!! Im glad somebody said it!

My zoo:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

You're welcome Tabitha lol. I am not one to beat around the bush and i think we have a couple of kids here taking the mickey out of this forum! We all get along here and share our pets and stories etc. I am not against newbies and questions they may have but these 2 are just really starting to tick me off!! x

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Part of the Pack

Thats what your here for, to keep us kids in line.

My zoo:
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

lol xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:13 PM

my cousin is very over her head!! + shes not welcome anymore she was banned because she posted a pic of the dog i was talking about which we are fostering!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

littlemisspiggy is banned because duplicate accounts are not allowed.

Stephanie

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I really shouldn't have to spell it out but the IPs are identical as are the email accounts save for one character.

Stephanie

Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig