I want a piggy now! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I want a piggy now!

O Man I was at the pet store today with my daughter and saw a awsome looking cavy that I wanted to grab and bring home. He was the best representation of Radar O'riley from mash with that `long messy fur. I want my piggies now rather than later. But we have a rescue that we would rather adopt from.

Rat Man Dooginny pig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It,s Good to be alive!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

waiting will be soo worth it though. Getting them from a rescue is so rewarding. Good luck!

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Playful Pup

Oh, yes..

It is so hard to walk in pet stores, seeing all the guinea pigs and chinnies!

1 german shepard/beagle mix dog
1 siamese cat
2 Chinchillas
1 Guineapig
2 bettas
3 goats
6 chickens
1 leopard gecko

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I know I need to stop walking into the P store. Its amazing how such a litte thing can grab you attetion and not let you go.

GP who would have known?

Rat Man Doooo

It,s Good to be alive!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Part of the Pack

lol. Make sure you're ready for vet bills and whatnot, but I'm sure you know that! My mouse had the shivers so i rushed her to the vet thinking she was dying but the vet said she just had a chill. lmao. Anyways best of luck, my friend has one and apparantly they make great pets.

give your love no matter what.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:10 PM
RAT ADDICT

I used to have piggies and they are pretty good pets.Mine were rescues as well.The wait will be worth it!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you, ya I can't wait I have a lot going on in my life right now but I still have time for the fun of pets

I have been looking into pet insurance for the vet bills. Are piggies sickly because I don't remember much from when I was little except that mine always died on me. Of course it has a lot to do with were we got them from. I continue to do research and get even more excited as I do. Fleece is the most recent study.

Rat Man Doooo

It,s Good to be alive!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 01:17 PM
RAT ADDICT

I never had much problems with mine.
Make sure they get vitamin C EVERYDAY though,cause otherwise they can get scurvy.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah
I am reading an article now about the Vitamin C adn gettign a list of veggies to make sure I get each time go to the food mart.
Rat Man Doooo

It,s Good to be alive!