introducing and leg - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

introducing and leg

im planning on introducing my guinea pigs soon but when do i know the introduction is secussful?

and my guinea pig ginger her leg is healing now(it was dislocated and doc said it would be alright because its not breaking skin and she seems to be happy)shes starting to walk and run on it when i give her floor time should i wait longer to ensure her leg is healed before i introduce them or should i go at it now thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Rodentologist

http://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm#Introductions

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

that still doesnt answer my question alot how do i know when i can put my second guinea pig in with my first and should i wait longer for her leg to heal or should i go at it now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Rodentologist

The link tells you step by step how to do an introduction. You cannot simply put the second guinea pig in with the first, or they will fight. You have to follow the instructions on that page, including cleaning both cages, and making sure they have enough cage space.

The vet needs to examine your guinea pig with the hurt leg and see if she's ready to meet a new friend.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry