My male gp..pics - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

when a moderator steps into a thread, i view it negatively, i wanted remarks about the pig, not about cages that werent posted there, theres a way to give good advice, and theres a wrong way to give it, and jumping into unnecessary conclusions is one of them

im sorry but the comment about knowing more than a vet and not being one makes me very confused, do you operate on them, dissect them know their whole anatomy and physiology? i think thats insulting, just bc you know the meds to use, what happens after surgery, ect doesnt make you one, no one knows everything there is to know about the animal they work on, and meds change, antibiotics become outdated due to antibiotic resistance, every vet keeps books on hand to check and recheck what they do, just bc you have witnessed three years of gp things doesnt make you a full expert, i come from a line of vets and physicians and if the vet wanted to he could go back and learn the gp physiology and would know more than you, bc he has the background info from vet school which you lack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Skratikans; 03-04-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i said i was done here..but now im curious..you said a mod stepped in...are you talking about this thread here??
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Rodentologist

I'm very sorry if you're reading a tone into these posts that isn't there. I don't sit around for a long time editing and rewriting, etc. I look, read the post, write what advice I have, and post.

I am a very straightforward writer. I dont' like to have people beat around the bush and tell me things that aren't true to make me feel better, so I try to have the same courtesy to other people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnature
i said i was done here..but now im curious..you said a mod stepped in...are you talking about this thread here??
no another one

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Im just wondering why you had to put the two pigs together, just to take a picture? To me, that is not being a responsible owner. To me, its far from it.

I am also confused as why you are so defensive. If you feel that you are doing the best for you pigs, you wouldn't need to defend your actions.

I think the reason people are disappointed is because you got some really good, helpful information. Yet, you choose to ignore it. The people who gave you this info are experience guinea pig owners with a lot of knowledge.

For me its very hard to see people not do whats best for their pets. I feel that animals don't have a voice, so you have to speak for them. I will give my opinions, even if you didn't ask for them. If you don't like what I say, then ignore it. Which clearly you did.

Quote:
bc honestly i have seen gp owners do some pretty stupid things on this thread several times
Im just wondering what you are talking about?

I wish your pigs well.

Last edited by Ambieruns10; 03-04-2007 at 02:35 PM.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 PM

Skrat - The guinea pigs are both adorable. Good luck with them!

I think that overall the people that post here are reasonable about things, but occassionally someone comes upon something they feel strongly about. I still don't think that gives people the right to jump on someone else about their decisions, especially when they don't have all the information. After all, it is their decision. Well meaning advice is one thing, bashing someone else over what they choose to do is another entirely. Even if you have good intentions, bashing never helps anyone realize anything, it just makes them defensive. If the only people that were ever allowed to have animals were highly trained, extremely knowledgeable, perfect people with just the "right" set-up, there would be even more of a housing shortage for the animals then there is now. I don't know about anyone else, but I started my lifelong love for animals when I was a child and I'm sure that I didn't make all the "right" decisions at that time, but it did make me a better animal person as I got older. If I had to be a perfect animal owner to start with, would I ever have continued to have animals? I don't know. It is occassionally ok to conceed that once in a while, your opinion is not the only one that has merit. JMHO

Last edited by Kalilady; 03-04-2007 at 02:54 PM.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think this thread has gone far enough.

Stephanie

Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig, male rat, male rats, pet store, separate cages