My new guinea girls! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

My new guinea girls!

Here are my new guinea pigs, adopted from the local humane society. Lulu is a pink-eyed white and 2 years old. Curly Sue is her new buddy, just a wee baby with beautiful rosettes in her hair! I have never owned guinea pigs before and they make amazing sounds. I built them a nice 4 x 2 CC & Choroplast cage, they are in piggy heaven! Wheek wheek wheek!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lulu1.JPG (29.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg curly sue2.JPG (44.1 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

More pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lulu and curly sue2.JPG (30.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg curly sue6.JPG (29.5 KB, 6 views)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Seeker of Orbs

awwww...what beautiful animals! Are they related?

cage question.....my hubby and i are in the process of building a CnC cage for Hagrid.....what meshing did you use? we got the shelving from Tarjay and ....does the coroplast set on the connectors? is the inner measurement with connectors as well? am i reading to much into it? lol

~beth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:22 PM

I think Curly Sue may be a peruvian and she is beautiful. Lulu looks like my precious.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSWfan80
awwww...what beautiful animals! Are they related?
No, they are not related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSWfan80
cage question.....my hubby and i are in the process of building a CnC cage for Hagrid.....what meshing did you use? we got the shelving from Tarjay and ....does the coroplast set on the connectors? is the inner measurement with connectors as well? am i reading to much into it? lol
I also used the shelving from Target, it works great! I didn't use the connectors though, as cable ties are much easier and sturdier in my opinion. My coroplast tray sits on the ground (still looking for cheap banquet table!) and the mesh just goes around the outside of it. I used the measurements for the 2 x 4 grid cage from this website: http://cavycages.com/howto.htm. I think it took an hour or less to build the cage, $35 for materials.

After building the shell, I had to kind of shove it over the tray, it is a nice snug fit! The pigs absolutely love this cage and it's really easy to clean too.

Is Curly Sue a Peruvian or an Abyssinian? I have no idea!

Last edited by Plummie; 01-23-2005 at 10:49 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Seeker of Orbs

yeah, we're going to make the 2x4.....anticipating getting another in the spring....but til then he'll love the HUGE cage!

we got a 4'x8' chorplast sheet for 13.44 w/tax..(other places quoted us up to $32! rip off!)..then 15 for the shelving..... we're going to mount it on a 32''x 56'' door table my husband in making....so that put us at around 40..... not to bad.

anyway..... have fun

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:34 AM

What cutie pies!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:29 AM

I think she's a peruvian, they have two rosettes on their rumps. The triangle with the whisp of hair that goes up and forward (on the face) kind of give me the clue that she may be too.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:57 AM

Cute piggies... i like the one who looks like a peruvian

Last edited by Lucy_Madden; 01-24-2005 at 07:59 AM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Do peruvians only get really long hair as they get older? I hope she keeps the short, wild hair!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummie
Do peruvians only get really long hair as they get older? I hope she keeps the short, wild hair!
no! i have 3 peruavians babies and they already have long hair...

this is one of my boys with 40 days old on this picture

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Aww how cute!! Do some peruvians have shorter hair? Or do they all end up with long hair down to their feet? If her hair does stay short, does that mean she is an Aby as opposed to a Peruvian?

Last edited by Plummie; 01-24-2005 at 09:50 AM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:45 AM

I had a peruvian and it took her til she was 3-4 months to get her long flowing hair. It may still be growing, if it doesn't get long she may be an abyruvian (mix of abyssinian and peruvian). I have an abyruvian also that has long hair but it keeps to floor level without trimming. My peruvian, I had to trim her up especially on her bum.

Peruvians have long flowing hair once it grows in.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Oooh neat, I'll keep you posted on her development!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aaaaawwwww very cute piggies and great pictures of them, welldone on adopting them, i hope they bring you lots of happiness and joy

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
guinea pig, humane society, local humane society