Photos! Nacho - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Nacho

Yeah so i know this was very quick but i think my dad was trying to ease my pain, i didn't know how to react when he came home with him and i did'nt know if i was being selfish or if it was just too soon, but i feel every animal needs a good home and this little boy was laying in an adoption part at a petshop for 5months and my dad thought he was very unique. I got him tonight straight after the passing of Novo and if it was my choice i would'nt of got another pet too soon, but i think this was my dad trying to heal me.
Hes very friendly.
Heres a few pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0040.jpg (48.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0041.jpg (48.4 KB, 12 views)

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:06 PM
can't think of one, help

what fabulous markings

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats!!! He is a cutie.

Will you be getting another one, since guinea pigs are social?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

He's very cute. What better way to honor Novo's memory than to give a great home to a needy animal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...what a cute little piggy!
I love his markings.I never seen one like him before.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

OMG! How cute! He looks just like Sunny but in piggy version!

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

He's cute!! He looks like a siamese pigger!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

he's adorable!

if the passing of a pet allows you to give care for another than nothing is wrong with it. It isn't a replacement. You didn't rid one pet for a better new one or whatever you are doing a good thing giving a home to an animal that needs it don't beat your self up over it.

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
Hes a Himalyan(sp?) and ive heard they are a very rare marking to come by in my country.
And too CC the owners who gave him to the petstore told them he was aggressive to the other brother when they bought him, and they took him straight back, and the petstore tried him in with numerous of males and he was not happy at all. Ive heard how hard males can be to pair up so i don't want to buy another male and have to get another cage plus have two lonely males. But if i find a spayed female i will indeed get him a partner. And right now im trying to get him to bond with me, hes very skittish and wary of people.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Betta Bomb

Aww, Bless- And Nacho is a sure winner! He's cute and like Dragon said a very mature way to honor Novo's passing. I didnt think GP's were available in himalyan! ^.^
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Rodentologist

Let me let you in on a secret -- males are actually really easy to pair up if they have enough room. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are really only 1-2 pet store cages on the market that have enough room. So you put two pigs in this tiny cage, they fight, and then they go "Welp, he doesn't get along with males!"

It'd be like sticking two male rats in a 10 gallon aquarium and then being surprised when they squabbled.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Jennicat,
i actually have him in onehalf of a ferretnation with the shelves lowered and the sides covered and im pretty sure that it meets the size requirements, i have also seen in various of guineapig sites this style of cage. I will be making him a new cage very soon, but since hes still small he looks soo tiny in that cage, i will get some pictures i have some but their not very clear.

EDIT TO ADD;
And in some of our petstores the guinea pigs are in HUGE runs in the middle of the store its like a big open space all fenced in with alot of guinea pigs in together (males seperate from females) and he had to be removed as he was arching up and showing aggresion. So i don't know wither i would chance bringing another male home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0049.jpg (53.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by clairebee1; 12-19-2009 at 09:47 AM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Rodentologist

Arching up is just normal behavior, it's called rumblestrutting in pigs. They have to work out a dominance hierarchy. Usually it takes 2-3 days for things to completely settle down. Typically when we introduce guinea pigs, I watch them for 4-5 hours. As long as no blood is drawn, the introduction is going well. If you think about it like rats, it'd be like separating two rats the first time one squeaked from being powergroomed.

With the Ferret Nation, I'd actually take the shelf out completely. He more than likely won't be able to jump well enough to use it, and is likely to hurt himself jumping down. If you put the ramp on there, it posts a risk of breaking his feet because it's wire. They're not agile like rats are -- we've had pigs that broke legs struggling out of a foster's hands, and literally only falling 8-9 inches! You'll notice on the guineapigcages.com website that anytime there's a second level, it has a fence all the way around it, the ramp is solid, and it's fenced too so they can't fall off the sides!

Think of them more like horses than rats, in terms of what they act like and what they're capable of doing!

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He is sooooo adorable and I love his name! I'm glad you can give him a wonderful home.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
Arching up is just normal behavior, it's called rumblestrutting in pigs. They have to work out a dominance hierarchy. Usually it takes 2-3 days for things to completely settle down. Typically when we introduce guinea pigs, I watch them for 4-5 hours. As long as no blood is drawn, the introduction is going well. If you think about it like rats, it'd be like separating two rats the first time one squeaked from being powergroomed.

With the Ferret Nation, I'd actually take the shelf out completely. He more than likely won't be able to jump well enough to use it, and is likely to hurt himself jumping down. If you put the ramp on there, it posts a risk of breaking his feet because it's wire. They're not agile like rats are -- we've had pigs that broke legs struggling out of a foster's hands, and literally only falling 8-9 inches! You'll notice on the guineapigcages.com website that anytime there's a second level, it has a fence all the way around it, the ramp is solid, and it's fenced too so they can't fall off the sides!

Think of them more like horses than rats, in terms of what they act like and what they're capable of doing!
The ladder is in there, its covered with 3 socks so its soild and its not steep. The drop is covered by a wire mesh so he cannot fall over the sides, and he has been running up and down the ramp all day! so i know he has no trouble using it, i will get better pictures when he calms down so i can show you properly!