new piggy momma looking to adopt! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Talking new piggy momma looking to adopt!

I just thought I would share the news that as of today I have been looking for two piggy to adopt from local shelters in my home town. There is an organization in my home town that does free adoptions with the exception that you give your pets a neutering or spaying. And I called there office today telling them I am interested in adopting some Guenna Pigs if they in fact carried them to be adopted. I think the organization is called Second Chance.
I've never adopted before and I am very excited about being able to help some animals in need. I was originally just looking at getting one piggy but some online friends of mine on another forum like this one convinced me to look into getting two since they would have more company that way. I am just hoping that having two is not going to be more difficult then just one.
I'm not really even all too sure just how large of a cage I will need to put them in...or what kinds of other things I will need before they arrive home with me. Maybe you guys can help me out with that, anyway I was just in such a good mood about the situation I thought I would share. I promise to post up pics once I get my babies home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good for you!.. Adopting is a wonderful thing to do..

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Congratulations on your decision! Adopting a pet in need is wonderful. They seem to know that you saved them.
I don't have piggies myself but I do get to piggie sit for my friend.
As for the cage size - the bigger the better. You can make one with coroplast and cubes. Here is a good link Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home They are not to expensive and make a wonderful cage. We made one for our bunnies although they never have the door closed.
Piggies really are fun!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip View Post
Congratulations on your decision! Adopting a pet in need is wonderful. They seem to know that you saved them.
I don't have piggies myself but I do get to piggie sit for my friend.
As for the cage size - the bigger the better. You can make one with coroplast and cubes. Here is a good link Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home They are not to expensive and make a wonderful cage. We made one for our bunnies although they never have the door closed.
Piggies really are fun!
Wow what an awesome idea I never once thought of making a cage of my own lol that would certainly help save money..and being a college student I am always looking for ways to save my money too!
Sadly I have not been having much look finding a piggy, I looked around at most of the places in town and none of em have piggys up for adoption as of yet..but I am hoping that will change soon!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Yes, the cube and coroplast cages are wonderful. And you can take them apart and reconfigure them. They are easy to make.
Hang in there I am sure you will find the perfect piggies to adopt. They will be worth the wait.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Welp I have some wonderful news! I am finally going to be able to adopt some girls I found three wonderful girls in the KC area near where my BF's apartment so I am going to go and pick them up after I go and see him next. I am also getting a lot of cubes with the girls that I can use to construct a cage for them. Looks like my luck finally got good.
I'll post up pics when I get the girls all settled.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

congrats! i cant wait to see them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

It probably won't be for a little while still the Kansas City Renaissance Festival is going on right about now...and since me and the BF are pretty involved in that I probably won't get them until at little into October so that we can do things after things lightin up but Colleen the girl I am getting them for say that is fine...and I will keep you all posted on everything.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I am so happy I am going to be getting to take my three girls home with me soon...here in about three weeks I have had to wait for them for a long time too much going in regular schedule but this coming weekend. I am going and getting the C&C pieces and putting together their cage. lol hopefully that will turn out ok.
And then in about two weeks from then I will be going to KC with my mom to go to theater and I will be getting the girls on the way back home I can't wait I am soo very excited I promise to put up pics PROMiSE I am going to bring my Digital Camera with me next week to take pics of all the girls since I failed to do so the first time I meet em.
lol now all I have to worry about is my plans for the cage actually coming through and working lol hopefully it will if I need assistance I am sure I get my Boyfriend to help me out with it lol he's a real handy man kind of guy.

Tags
guinea pig, guinea pig cage, guinea pig cages, local shelter, pig cages