newbie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

Smile newbie

hey,

I posted in the ''introduction'' section on the boards, but wanted to say hi here, too, since i'll probly be in here most....

my husband and i just got him a piggy- Hagrid.....and i was just interested in getting everyone's thoughts on how to best get them used to us.....

We can't get another pig right now.......

i look forward to chatting on here. i love seeing all you guys' pics too! adorable critters!

~beth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I live in a Pigdom

How "new" is Hagrid to your house? If you just got him, give him some time to acclimate to his new surroundings, before attempting to handle him. Give him at least two days before you start handling him.

Once he has acclimated to the house, cage, noise and general household noise start taking him out and holding him for a while 1/2 hour. Do not forget about the important floor time. Out of the cage on the floor so he can run and kick up his heels. Remember the important piggy proofing. Have fun with your new piggy!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

Welcome to the board :blob3:

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 05:16 PM
P-Diggity Dog Lover

Welcome to Piggy Love! The best thing is love, cuddles, salad, love, cuddles and more salad.

The more attention and handling he gets the better.

Donna
Dallas, Houston & Peanut the Prairie Dogs
Gypsy & Amber the Satos
Apache, Amigo, Max, and Morgan the Kitties
Scooter, Annie, Buttercup & Squeaky the Guinea Pigs
Mocha & Latte the Rat A Tats
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

we've had Hagrid for a week now...... he loves to be hand fed his salads, but he often sniffs past the food to my fingers...then nips! no pain or broken skin, but....?? i still can't manage to get my hand under him to scoop him up.....he kinda tries to mouth me...

we had him in a box the other day and he got really vocal and LEPT OUT! straight up and over the sides, and hit the floor running...... crazy thing....i knew they "buck" and pop around....but...this was hilarious. :blob4:

~beth

thank you!--->

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

They are very fun aren't they? I think they do great alone but they definitly need the extra attention. Sounds like he is used to yiou all. He'll love being a spoiled only "child"

By the way Hagrid looks a lot like my Teddy.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
still waiting for a title

So, when are you going to get him a friend? Congratulations on getting him?

Leigh Ann, Scott, Patrick, Pumpkin, Gizzy Izzy Wizzy, Brighton, Princess Jill, and Baby Jaqueline
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 11:42 PM

Smile

Hi! I guess I'm new too!

I got my gp's at december and they're 11 weeks old.. and soo adorable!

My piggies!

Milo ~ 11 weeks

Niki ~ 11 weeks
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

we're trying like crazy to spoil him....he seems to love us, then the last few days he acts all aggitated.. (weather maybe?? dryness...static zaps?? lol) we're still in the process of building him a CC cage....2x4 with an extra level.....i think he won't know what to do with all the space! maybe he's ervous about the new area too.....

as for when we're getting him a buddy.....i'm keeping a look out on the shelters locally, but we might be near the Knoxville one in the spring and if they'll let us (we're a half days drive) we'll get one then...probly

hey there Piggieluver! how are ya?

~beth

thank you!--->

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny