Noise? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Noise?

Do those of you with multiple piggies notice that they make alot of noise at night? I took care of a guinea pig for a couple months and she was always quiet at night but she lived alone so that might be why. My cousin had a pair of guinea pigs when she was younger and apparently they were very loud. But my friend had them and says at night they sleep when she does.

I have a fan and don't mind a little noise but wouldn't want a pet that would keep me up the whole night. I have degus but when the lights are off they are pretty quiet except for the occasional "conversations".

I might be considering adopting a pair of guinea pigs. Our shelter is apparently overcrowded with them. They even have longhaired ones which I really like.

I already have researched and everything. I know alot about them because years and years ago I considered getting a pair. I ended up getting rabbits but still like guinea pigs alot .

Oh, and what brand of food do you guys feed? Oxbow isn't available here . Is the Hagen brand any good? It seems good to me and doesn't have corn or sugar. I used to feed it to my degus and they did well on it. The exotics petstore has their own mix of food as well. There's the occasional piece of corn but I can just remove them. It's mostly pellets with some dried fruits and veggies. I think there are hay cubes mixed in too and the main pellet brand is L'avian Plus (I can't remember the other type of pellet used but I'm pretty sure it's a high-quality timothy-based pellet). Other then that we also have Kaytee, Hartz (which I already know is bad), Gerty Guinea Pig (this brand has a really awesome hamster food so I'd assume the other foods are decent), and LM Farms (not the best brand...). There might be more that I'm forgetting but those are the main ones I see.

The guinea pigs would, of course, be getting a big salad every day just like the rabbits. I have a roomy rabbit cage that they would be housed in...after I add some extra levels .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Herp Nerd

My pigs are across from the foot of my bed, and the only noise they regularily make at night is the water bottle. They'll make a ruckus if someone decides to crinkle paper or a plastic bag and set them off, though.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnos
My pigs are across from the foot of my bed, and the only noise they regularily make at night is the water bottle. They'll make a ruckus if someone decides to crinkle paper or a plastic bag and set them off, though.
Ok, thanks .

Sounds like the degus .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Seeker of Orbs

our guys are pretty quiet at night too. except the occasional sleeping arrangement sort out..
They are funny tho cuz if you sneak downstairs in the middle of the night, you can see hagrid poke his head up and look to see who/what is coming from his loft. Like jaws!

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny

Tags
dried fruit, dried fruits, gerty guinea pig, guinea pig, hamster food, hay cubes, rabbit cage