Oh Piggie People! Where are you?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh Piggie People! Where are you??

Hey, seems like participigpation in this forum has dropped off. What happened to all the piggie people??
Come back, come back piggie people! We miss you all and your lovely piggies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 09:09 PM
I live in a Pigdom

I'm still here, just have a full plate lately and haven't had to much typing time. However I do lurk daily.

Patches is in the infirmary, he had an abcess down by his gentle region and is now on antibiotics and flushing it out. Poor guy, does not like being away from his girls (he's neutered).

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

I'm here! I was wondering the same thing.

I hope Patches is feeling better. I had Boomer neutered and he also developed an abcess, so I know what you are going through.

I've Been Frosted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Adolescent Pup

I'm here too, and have been wondering the same thing.

Get well Patches!!

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awww poor little guy! I hope he gets well soon. He is such a gorgeous piggy.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Playful Pup

Most left after the former guinea pig moderator was banned. Very few guinea pig people post on the PT guinea pig forum any more. The majority of the posters seem to have other critters.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

Skeeter, et al - The previous GP Mod wasn't technically "banned", but rather, relieved of her duties as a moderator.

I admit, that is the main reason I don't post here anymore. The previous mod was the reason I came to this board in the first place.

A secondary reason is that I moved recently and I have an extremely slow dial-up connection right now that keeps me from reading/posting very much on this or any other board/forum.

A personal observation of this forum is that it has been too breeder-friendly for my tastes and while breeders have been free to speak up, those against breeding are not free to share their opinions.

To see more pictures of Molly, Milo, Max & Maddie and their home
click on the picture or visit

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sorry to hear about Patches Crzy4piggers, hope he gets better soon.
The reason I haven't been hear lately has absoulutely nothing to do with the GP Mod leaving.I've just had many un-happy things going on in my life. My Dad is dieing of cancer, my teenage son is giving us lots of problems with drugs, lieing ect...
Just haven't been in the mood to come here and chat lately.
I do think people can give opinions on this board in what they believe in so long as they're not being unfriendly to someone who differs in opinion. I never have seen the breeders being unfriendly but I have seen the people interested in rescue being unfriendly to the breeders.
I am not 1 sided because I think we need good breeders in this world for all different types of animals, and I also think we need people to rescue the unfortunate animals and find new homes for them. I guess that's why I like this forum because it's really open for everybody (in my opinion).
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Calypso
Skeeter, et al - The previous GP Mod wasn't technically "banned", but rather, relieved of her duties as a moderator.
You are correct. Erin was removed as a moderator due to her inability to remain neutral and unbiased as a forum leader, and chose to leave. She was not and will not be banned until she provides cause to do so.

Quote:
Originally posted by Calypso
A personal observation of this forum is that it has been too breeder-friendly for my tastes and while breeders have been free to speak up, those against breeding are not free to share their opinions.
That however, is totally incorrect. The issue lies in that those who are against breeding can not keep their opinions quiet on threads posted by those who do breed. Everyone has always been free to share opinions, provided they were not insulting, rude, or attacking. This has not been the case in this forum and as such, measures were taken to ensure that things stayed civil.

I think Linda summed it up well when she said this:
Quote:
I never have seen the breeders being unfriendly but I have seen the people interested in rescue being unfriendly to the breeders.
Those against breeding could see no other way than to convert everyone to their opinion. Rather than have a thread discussing their view, they would jump in on threads posted by those who chose to breed. It got to the point where off topic and hurtful comments were made. I can not and will not tolerate that. Paw-Talk's policy is to provide a tolerant forum - on any side of an issue. We have no issue with those who think breeding a guinea pig is wrong, any more than we have an issue with those who think it is okay to do so. We do have an issue with snide comments and members ganging up on another member.

If you have a problem with our policy, by all means, go elsewhere. But please do not complain about it. The goal of this forum is to be informational and friendly. That has not been the case in the Guinea Pig section and so actions were taken.

Stephanie

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 01:11 PM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

I'm still around, too -- just slammed with dental school.

And BTW, Calypso -- I don't think lowered participation has anything to do with Erin "leaving." As she was never banned, she is more than welcome to come back as long as she can play nicely and not attack people. I would personally welcome her return any time. Please don't get anything started...no one here wants any of that junk.

My poor little Lilly -- I've been treating her for a UTI but the red/orange pee has not gone away. I had her on Baytril for 20 days and it's no better - I've stopped it completely. She is not in any pain while peeing and is acting/eating normally. Perhaps it's stones of some sort??

Anybody got any experience with red/orange pee that didn't go away using antibiotics?
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Erin

Play nice? That phrase is over used and gets on my nerves.

Breeding was NEVER an issue that I slammed, belittled, or faught with ANYONE with publicly on this forum. LuvMyCritters and I had one single thread going back and forth(that I can remember), which was never inflamatory, the rest was through email or PM's and never escalated into arguement(maybe LvM took it another way and complained?). They "removed" me as a moderator because I told LL in a not so great phrase to stop slamming boars about how badly they(don't) smell. I was also told I was rude to others? I' asked to see where, but my email went unanswered by Jade.

I was having a bad week, my aunt had just hung herself and none of the mod's or admin's cared to send me one little hello or I'm sorry for your loss. I felt like an outsider and like I never fit in with the "team", I talked to a couple people frequently about how I felt about PT. I had wanted to leave for awhile, but the PM's and emails sent by a couple people was the last straw and I excused myself from the forum because I obviously wasn't the right material to "fit in".

Why must it all be drudged up again and again? Maybe because my grandpa died a week ago and I needed more stress and drama in my life? Just drop it, I'm happier without it.

-Erin

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jade

If you have a problem with our policy, by all means, go elsewhere. But please do not complain about it. The goal of this forum is to be informational and friendly. That has not been the case in the Guinea Pig section and so actions were taken.
This thread is turing into a perfect example, a friendly query about where everyone had gone and how things are going turned into this... If the term "play nice" is objectionable, how about "act like a mature adult"?
Jade maintains this board so that all of us that love animals have a pleasant place to visit and share information, stories, make friends etc. Not so that we can treat it like the playground sandbox and bicker. The Mods and Admins try thier hardest to make this a friendly place, unfortunately it's not humanly possible to make everyone happy.
Please, Keep it civil so that those of us that want to be here can enjoy it!

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally posted by SpottyPoo
My poor little Lilly -- I've been treating her for a UTI but the red/orange pee has not gone away. I had her on Baytril for 20 days and it's no better - I've stopped it completely. She is not in any pain while peeing and is acting/eating normally. Perhaps it's stones of some sort??

Anybody got any experience with red/orange pee that didn't go away using antibiotics?
My suggestion would be to get her back to the vet for a re-evaluation. It was my understanding that antibiotics needed to be continued at least one week beyond the time when there are no symptoms exhibited. However, in this case, there may need to be a change (or longer term of use) in the antibiotics used. Tyler, my rabbit, ended up with multiple problems after being with someone for a couple of weeks. It took over a month of intense medical to get him squared away. Let us know what your vet says. [I realize that this is OT to the original thread, but I don't know where else to post a reply.]

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...hlight=breeder
I felt like a jerk in this thread. Why? because I mentioned finding a breeder.
What would that fall under- belittle?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
That does not seem to be very "informational and friendly" to me. In fact, I never participated in those threads. As I stated, that has been my personal observation of this forum. Now I have expressed an opinion (not a "compliant") on that and seem to have been duly thunked.

To see more pictures of Molly, Milo, Max & Maddie and their home
click on the picture or visit

Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig