Omg...no Luck!!!! Heartbroken... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Omg...no Luck!!!! Heartbroken...

I don't know what happened...but I just returned home to find Stanley freshly dead!!! He had blueish lips! I don't know what happened,as he was perfectly normal this morning before I left.I am crying and so heartbroken right now...I can't believe this has happened...OMG!!!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello Earthling

OMG I'm so sorry for your loss

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Oh, hun! I am SO sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
is a little "special"

Im so sorry!
Its so sad when things happen so suddenly...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I am sorry about Stanley, you fed and did everything right, it was his time. I am still sad about my Mamoru who passed yesterday ((thread in Memorials)).

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Rodentologist

His bluish lips make it sound like he was maybe having heart issues. Poor piggie

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww NOO! Sorry hunny! poor little guy *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh my goodness! This was so unexpected! I'm really sorry about poor Stanley.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I am very sorry for your loss

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thank you.
It was sudden and I am really upset about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
His bluish lips make it sound like he was maybe having heart issues. Poor piggie
That is what the rescue said.
I was talking to Anne tonight from the rescue,because I was so upset and she told me it is not my fault.The piggies were both a little overweight and she said he could of had a heart attack.She told me not to blame myself,because at least he was loved and spoiled and had room to run before he went.

See,if he had shown ANY signs of discomfort or anything,I would of took him right to the vet.But he was wheeking and eating and acting normal and like a happy piggy today before I went out.There didn't appear to be anything wrong with him.It was just so sudden and I am in shock...well,not so much now.But I was in shock.I am still quite upset.

Stuart seems to be okay,not grieving too badly.He is eating - so that is a good sign.I have had rats grieve so bad,they stopped eating.

* Lisa *

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 AM
Will It Ever Change?

*hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Rodentologist

I definitely feel your pain. I lost a foster about a month ago to a previously undiagnosed heart issue. He started acting weird on the way to his adoption, and I decided to put it off.

I called the e-vet, and they said to wait it out, since it sounded like it wasn't an emergency. The next morning he started having tiny seizures, and I went anyway and he was euthanized because they said he was on his way out. Apparently he'd had/was having a heart attack (by their best guess) and that's what was causing all the deep abdominal breathing.

Heart problems in pigs are tricky to pinpoint because it's hard to find vets with experience for them and it's difficult to pinpoint them since they don't always show up on x-rays.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Awwwww.Poor piggy.I am sorry.

What causes heart issues in pigs?
If there is any way to prevent them,that would be great - for Stuart.I am still learning when it comes to pigs,as I have only had 3 ever...and this is the first time this happened.I mean,that is if it was a heart thing.

Anyway I still feel terrible about the whole thing.

* Lisa *

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Rodentologist

There's usually not a whole lot that causes them as long as you're feeding a good diet. I mean, obviously if they were eating nothing but birdseed and grossly overweight, that would contribute, but for the most part they seem to be caused either by congenital problems (problems with the way the heart is actually made) or simply have a genetic predisposition to it.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww Lisa ...im sorry for your loss

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER