omg...what am i going to do..im dead! *crys* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

omg...what am i going to do..im dead! *crys*

Ahh...you know I have been watching my friends guinea pig for her for a little while..well. I went to feed him this morning..and.......hes DEAD!! omg how am i going to tell her..shes going to hate me.

I don't know how long piggys live. he was like 2 21/2 omg...im sooo freaking..shes going to hate me. someone pleae tell me what to do

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Guinea pigs can live at least 6-7 years. There was probably something wrong you didn't know about. Get a necropsy done to see what the cause of death was.
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Seeker of Orbs

oh gosh! Sorry to hear that. i hope your friend understands..that's too bad

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

if she is a good friend she will feel bad for you being there when her pet died
if she is a bad friend she will blame you for the animals death and be a b-word to you
good test of ones friendship
you should expect she will be sad for her animal regardless of how she reacts towards you

post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

no, she will hate me. and im sure we wont be friends anymore, because she will see it as i did somthing even though he was probley sick when I got him. I have only had him 2 weeeks.

And I can't have a thingy done, becuase I don't have any money. I did notice when I got him he had watery eyes. but hes not even my animal so she should have taken him to the vet, I have to pay for my own animals vet care not other peoples. :-( im so horrified. i just had to go and burrie him though

Carissasaurus Rex

post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

well maybe it wont be so bad and she'll surprise you by her reaction
fingers crossed

post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Part of the Pack

If she blames you, and still feels that way after she's had some time to grieve, then she wasn't a very good friend to begin with. Accidents happen, and with no way of knowing why the animal died, there wasn't anything you could do. Your friend will hopfully realize that you were trying to do her a favor and something bad happened, but no one is to blame.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Adolescent Pup

Also she obviously had faith in you that you would take of it since she choose you! So just relax for now, maybe give her a little gift or card expressing how sorry you are.

Mom to: Petunia & Meranda

And our new addition Lady!!:
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Oh quick you have to find another one that looks exactly like the one that died!

Heheh...just kidding!

Serously though, it's not your fault it died! Oveously she trusted and knew that you would take the best care of it that you could or else she wouldn't have givin it to you to take care of. It's not your fault, these things just happen sometimes. Hopefully your friend can be mature enough to relize that no one is to blame. Explain to her that he was probably sick when she gave him to you and there was nothing you could do.

Good luck! *hugs* I know it will be really hard telling her but just explain it to her calmly and hopefully she'll take it ok.

RIP little piggy.

post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

Yea. i know there wasnt anything I could do. but also..she did dump him on me. I was only susposed to watch him for a week then she said she couldnt have him back. then last night shes like well, can I have him back and then after a few weeks you can take him back? i was like no..I have alot of animals, and i cant have anymore..as im at my limit. sigh, I just feel horrible.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Adolescent Pup

Aw I'm sorry that happened. It's definitely scary. But hopefully she forgives you, cause its not your fault. Give her a few days after she finds out to cool off though. Good luck! Besides, you were doing her a favor. She can't be mad at you.

Mel
post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I'm sure you didn't do anything so wrong as to kill him. He must have been sick or something. Hopefully your friend doesn't flip out on you about it, but she sucks if she does.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I agree with everyone else...I think the idea of picking up a little gift for her sounds nice...pet deaths are really hard,a card of a letter could also act a gift I think.

I'm really sorry

I liked mebri123's post about she will probably feel bad for you being there when her pet died.
I agree.

RIP little piggy †

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh Carissa I am so sorry that happened! Try not to stress it.The piggy was probably sick and had no symptoms.

*hugs*

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm so sorry about your loss. Poor little guy.

~2 gerbils, Cheech and Cookie

~2 degus, Diego and Luna (rescues!)

~1 old rat, Touille (Too-ee - rescue!), 2 babies, Cassius and Columbus

~A naughty old Jack Russell, Jack (rescue doggy)

~A dopey Black and White Shorthair, also Jack!
Closed Thread

Tags
farm animals, guinea pig, vet care