Oxbow question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
still waiting for a title

Oxbow question

I went to my hometown today, and went to a pet store that sells Oxbow products, and I bought the Cavy Cuisine. I know you are supposed to gradually give it to them, instead of introducing it to them all at once. How do you do this? Do you go half and half or start of at a quarter, and then increase gradually? Just wondering.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leigh Ann, Scott, Patrick, Pumpkin, Gizzy Izzy Wizzy, Brighton, Princess Jill, and Baby Jaqueline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

When I switched brands I did a 1/4 and 3/4 for three days. Next three days was half and half. At the end of that week they were switched over to the new brand. I don't know if thats right or not but it worked for me.
Good luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

depending on the animal and the food they could go over really quickly. My one chin switched from Oxbow feed to Mazuri in less than a day! She liked Mazuri so much she picked it out of the oxbow!

My GP will eat anything and everything. She sees no differemce in food. Doesn't matter what you feed her. we have switched and nothing has fazed her. She didn't pick anything at all. We are almost always feeding her a mixture depending on whats on sale. May not be the best thing for her but she is thriving!

Alicyn

Tags
pet store