peppers and parsley - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:39 AM

That's just BIZARRE... about 2 hours ago I hunted out this topic as I had foster guinea pigs arrive on Monday and wanted to check the list. I hadn't looked at it since I last posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 PM

Hi there. Just a caution for you. Head, iceburg lettuce has high water content, Broccoli can cause diareah if fed too much, but a little is good for vitaminC as well as a oranges. Onions and ruhbarb are poisonouse for piggie as well as chocholate(dumb thing to say,but theres always one wh might try choclate), Alphalpha is high in fat and can cause stones. Avoid plants like poinsettas, dephenbachia, there are more just can't think of them. Too much food with nuts and seeds is not good for them. THey weren't made to eat them. Even though some piggie food and treats are made of yogurt or milk avoid them!!!! My big boy loves just about anything that is safe!
Remember as it is for humas so it is true for piggies the more brightly colored fruit and vegies and the more intense green, leafiest vegies are the best for them. Vegies that are chunky like cucumber peppers beets etc..(no leaf) are best for treats!

Tags
alfalfa hay, chinchilla pellets, collard greens, dandelion greens, guinea pig, guinea pig pellets, mustard greens, romaine lettuce