PHOTOS. Two Day Old Babies! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Mom is a PEW (pink eyed white (no such thing as albinos in guinea pigs)), Sam is a red and white, and Lesley is golden agouti, red and white.

At 3 weeks males should be seperated from mom and sisters as there is a chance of them impregnating them.

Potty training, possibly, i've heard of people doing it but it is from intensive watching which corner the pig prefers and then putting something there (potty box). They will pee there but poo's go where ever.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Poops!! I took two others out and put them in a gated play area for half an hour. When I checked back there were dozens of little poops all over!! it was like they saved up two day's worth for that moment.

Just three weeks?!? Even Syrian hamsters take almost three months for that to be possible, sexual maturity.

I will try to sex them ASAP. Any hints? They are still about 3/5 the size of mom.

Unless they are both females someone is going to be left alone. I assume an intro of a fourth one will be in order. Any introduction suggestions?

Thanks for any advice. The youngsters are like little Beanie Babies come to life they are so cute and tame! And they smell great.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

>> Mom is a PEW (pink eyed white (no such thing as albinos in guinea pigs)) <<

Yea, the ears are half dark - impossible in a true albino. The mom's name is Jennifer, and very sweet and trusting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

They are so small and cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

They are not so small now!

I successfully sexed them last night: the youngsters are males and obviously different from their mom. Jennifer is in with Chip, a neutered male (Dutch, I think, black and white) who lost his cagemate, Lily. They are getting along. Looks good. But we mourn Lily.

Sexing was not hard when you know what to look for.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Playful Pup

I saw a cute male albino at petco the other day. I just lose a GP though, and I know that albinos are even less harty than regular GPs. I couldn't bare to lose another right now.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Is that true?? Whites ("albinos") are less hearty than other GPs??
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I live in a Pigdom

They are like any other colored guinea out there. No difference, ask the 5 I have here.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Newborn Pup

That's what I thought. I didn't think there was a dif. just cause there color is dif. If that was true I feel sorry for all of the albinos out there. ( a lot of rat ones)

Davina, 2 Select Few Rats
~Maggie~*~Nutters~*~Nani~
~*~RIP~*~Gail~*~RIP~*~
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4piggers
They are like any other colored guinea out there. No difference, ask the 5 I have here.
You have an odd number. You keep them 2 and 3, or is one alone? I suppose single GPs are a bad idea. So I guess you'd never do that.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Playful Pup

aww they are so sweet!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 01:41 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave
You have an odd number. You keep them 2 and 3, or is one alone? I suppose single GPs are a bad idea. So I guess you'd never do that.
Ummm no, I actually have 25 of my own and at the moment 16 in rescue. All differeing colors. My herd has a 3 story condo in my living room (it takes up a quarter of it) and the rescues take up a full room. Then there are my 2 gerbils, 2 hamsters, 2 hedgehogs, 5 cats, 1 husband and 1 stepdaughter. I claim them, I clean them and I feed them.

Adopt a pet today!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wow! You really are "crazy for piggers"! I'm still a novice, only owning piggies since May. It has been heavenly! I had no idea what amazing little critters they are.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

crzy4piggers, we want PHOTOS!! Some place you must have! You cover the entire floor of that room in bedding?

BTW, I find Kaytee's Soft-Sorbent the best bedding for GP cages, better than Carefresh.

You do rescues. In NYC, this site has GPs available for adoption. Pass the word to anyone you might know: http://www.scarnyc.org/
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 10:04 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Oh no, I do what I can with the space provided, and it's wall to wall cages.

I am listed on Petfinder in MN.

Adopt a pet today!

Tags
dark brown, golden agouti, guinea pig, neutered male, pink eyed white, potty train, potty trained, potty training, syrian hamster, syrian hamsters