Pics of my new piggie Milton and more of Sullivan - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Pics of my new piggie Milton and more of Sullivan

Here's a few pics of Milton, Sullivan's brother and a few of them together. While I'm writing this, I need to ask a question. I read on the net that whitish urine meant they had too much calcium in their diet. All mine eat are GP pellets and timothy hay. I've given them veggies, but they aren't eating them. How do I get them to eat veggies and fruit? The GP pellets I have are alfalfa based cause they were the only ones at the petstore when I got Sullivan. Its a small bag and I'm gonna use it up before I get some timothy based ones. How do I limit their calcium intake and increase their Vit C intake? What fruits and Veggies do yours like? I tried bell peppers, red lettuce, carrots, banana, and leaf lettuce.

Here's pics
Milton

Milton again

Milton and Sullivan

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aww cute pics of Milton and Sullivan, thanks for posting!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Newborn Pup

Milton and Sullivan are beautiful. Since I know nothing about them, I have no advice, but I do think they are beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

They are so cute!!! Congrats!
~Jenn
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

awww so cute!

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

Great pictures of the cuties! I've owned 2 guinea pigs for several months now & have been able to introduce different fruits & veggies. It helps to try to feed it to them by hand. Make yummy sounds & such to get them interested. My vet told me that their Mom would normally be teaching them what to eat. Little by little, they started to like things I thought they hated! Ginger & Olly now like leaf lettuce, chicory, kale, parsley, carrots, broccoli, apples & pears. I've tried cucumber (with seeds taken out) & they seem to enjoy it. They sometimes eat spinach, but I read that it isn't good to feed them too much. That goes for parsley & kale, too. I think they have a lot of calcium, although they do have a lot of vitamin C. Variety is key. As for the pellets, they say it's ok to feed young pigs alfalfa based pellets, but my vet does not recommend it. Instead, I order pellets online from OxBow (Timothy Hay based) which the piggies love. It also has a stabilized form of vitamin C. So far, the littles ones are happy & healthy.

Tags
guinea pig, timothy hay