Piggy or Skunk? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile Piggy or Skunk?

Punk is an abyssinian guinea pig..but he does resemble a miniature skunk doesn't he? He's a lil' sweety (4 months old). One issue does exist however, under his face, like on the side of his chin he has a wart type thingy. Does this sound dangerous? I'm not sure if I should worry. Should I let the vet take a look at it? Its kind of big..bigger than human warts would be on the finger n' such.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GoOmiEz
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:54 AM
I live in a Pigdom

It should be looked at by the vet. I have pigs that get those too. The vet can take care of them. (It is not warts or I don't think it is; sounds like something the vet could look at and take care of though.)

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

My rabbit has a wart in his ear. I didn't know what it was at first and I took him to the vet awhile ago. She told me that it was a wart and that she could remove it, and to come back after my wedding to have it taken out. I would definitely get your piggy checked to make sure that its a wart and see what needs to be done. If it is a wart, its not life threatening but they do get bigger and I don't think they go away on their own.

BTW, your piggy is adorable.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

more pics of Punk

he was running around on my bed..I just had to take more pics ^_^

GoOmiEz

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Cute pics. He does look like a skunk!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

yeah lol, really. He's such a good lil' boy though, my mom couldn't believe how intelligent he is. I decided to potty train him today, and pulled out the potty..I told my mom to set him in the bowl when he looked like he had to go, but she set him in right away..and he went. After that I had him run around in his play pen with the potty, and he went in it again. Just too smart...my other guinea pig always urinated on me. : p

GoOmiEz

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, he's a cutie for sure!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Cute piggie!
I have read that "some" wart type growths on guinea pigs can be a type of fungus. I'd have it taken care of too.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

ewwie fungus! lol, k..he needs to the vet real bad ne how, he's got a cold : \

GoOmiEz

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 10:06 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Okay so if he has a URI (suspected) are you keeping him quarantined (seperate cage, room, food bowls, shirts for you if you handle him, wash your hands and arms when you are done before handling your other pig and so on and so on) from your other pig? I hope so URI's are very contagious.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He sounds like he has alot of problems, I hope you have a good guinea pig vet.
Keep us updated.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Playful Pup

Both of you pigs are really cute

D.O.D. Friday August 13th, 2004
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Alright folks..the lumpy thing (I thought was a wart) turned out to be an infected area...just felt a lil' crusty when I touched it. But the vet cleaned the boo boo up, and all this yellow puss came out. My mom was amazed. Now I have to clean it witha q-tip (hot water) and ointment. Also for Punk's cold, I got anti-biotics..cherry flavored. Man he hates that, lol. I managed to squeez it into his mouth and he drooled allover..but then slurped it up. It all worked out, I guess. I hope he'll let me do that for 9 more days!

GoOmiEz

Tags
food bowl, food bowls, guinea pig, potty train