poor little Guy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Unhappy poor little Guy

yesterday I went to our local pet store to get some stuff for our fish tanks and while my partner was getting what we needed i went to have a look at the bunnies and to my suprise there where guinea pigs with the rabbits (if thats not bad enough), I lifted one of the igloos and there was this poor little guinea pig squirming and he could not get up.
I went to the assistant and asked what was wrong with it, and she said i dont know, so I asked what she was going to do with him and she said he might get better so I asked if i could have him she Said yes of corse put him in a box and proceded to the cashier so i said you seriously want me to pay for him she said yes..... I pulled some money and said really loud Yes I'll pay for him its better than being here, and by yelling like that igot some of the other customers attention, than i showed some of thier customers what they were keeping for sale, most of the customers were shocked and walked out with me so I took him to the local vet and the vet layed him to rest as his back was broken . poor little guy. I HATE PET STORES.. they all need to be shut down....

thank you for listening

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 bunnies Nanna, Frank, Charlie, Meme, Thumper, Brenda, Fuz, Fezza, Snow, Clyde, Storm, Chip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3 dogs, Zeus, Jazy, E-Wok.

Lots and Lots of fish.

Angel my Daughter.

Lucas My Partner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

did you tell the vet where you got him from? maybe they can report the store?

My Furry Family
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I did tell the vet and he told me that he will say something but there is not that much he can do as they do not have the power but he did write a report and he said that there are health and safty department that he will also forward the report to so hopefully it works.

12 bunnies Nanna, Frank, Charlie, Meme, Thumper, Brenda, Fuz, Fezza, Snow, Clyde, Storm, Chip.

Lots and Lots of fish.

Angel my Daughter.

Lucas My Partner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Title Thief Victim

aww...thats horrible! how much was he?

Carissasaurus Rex

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

$15 the same price as all the healthy ones but he was in so much pain i had to get him out i didn't care about the price nor price of the vet he didn't charge me though. I wished it was that could be fixed i had gps before and i would not mind another some day. He is in a better place now.

Lots and Lots of fish.

Angel my Daughter.

Lucas My Partner.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 AM
Adolescent Pup

Aw poor little guy. You did the best thing for him - that was really good of you. He is in a much better place now, i really dont like it when pet stores put rabbits in with guinea pigs. The poor wee guy might have been kicked by one of the rabbits. RIP little guy
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's awful, How could she charge you for helping the little guy!!

I'm so glad that you were able to end his pain at least he'll be happy now thanks to his hero!! WELL DONE!

It's time that pet shops had laws to stop cruelty like this.

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY

MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You should go back to the petstore and tell them that the poor piggie had a broken back..also inform them that you informed the vet where you got him from and they are gonna report it to those agencies you mentioned. Tell them to separate the piggies and bunnies because another piggie could be hurt or end up dieing like the one with the broken back that they made you pay for, knowing something was wrong with it.
Do it in that loud voice of yours again...when there are lotz of customers in there.
They had no right charging you for that piggie..i know you didnt mind paying out your pocket cuz you have a good heart..but how could they?!!
At least the little piggie isnt suffering anymore. You did good taking it out of there.

Lve Never Fails

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Title Thief Victim

wow..there only $15...there like $45 here. blah.

But I would do what LuvNature said ^^

Carissasaurus Rex

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Oily Chickenspew

that's incredibly sad, but ended happy as teh lil guy isn't suffering anymore! I would like throw a brick through their window and steal all their animals, as they dont' deserve to have them!

make sure you follow through and keep up on teh report them issue. b/c you have to be persistant and FOLLOW THROUGH (teh words of amber ) and i think so too...b/c the vet could just decide to drop it thinking that he's to busy to deal w/it and etc.

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

awww that is terribly aweful

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Guarded by Waffles

That's horrible:!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Rodentologist

Take your vet bill to the pet store. Take your receipt. Loudly demand your money back, and reimbursement for your guinea pig because of his condition. Make sure people know.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

i agree with luvnature, goto the store when there really busy and make a scene, make sure you anounce loudly that they sold you an animal knowing it was hurt, how it got hurt, and how much pain it was in, and how simply of a thing it would be to prevent.. Best of luck, Keep us posted (if you really wanted to make a fuss you could call a local news station or newspaper and see if they'd be interested in the story, i dunno about there, but back home alot of stations loved storys like that )

My Furry Family
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I'm taking my sick bun Geronimo back to the vet for a check up so i will hound him about what he is going to do about the poor little gp. Also I will go back to the pet shop on saturday and make a huge seen im really good at it too. I'll keep you posted..

Lots and Lots of fish.

Angel my Daughter.

Lucas My Partner.

Tags
fish tank, guinea pig, local pet store, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores