Popcorn and Hiccups - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Fungus Mungus Rep

Popcorn and Hiccups

I wish I could describe this better to make it as if you were there, but I will do my best. I was cleaning Simon's cage, and so he was out on the little ledge I made for him and Sidney to use to visit at one another's front doors. Simon was chewing the bars of Sidney's door and Sidney was happily ignoring him and he sometimes loves to do. He was standing on his blankie that lies in front of the door in his cage and he was watching me. They often get really excited at visiting time.

I said something to him so he looked up and squeaked at me while he stood there all tense as if gathering all his strength, then he popcorned off of all four feet. Now you've got to understand Sidney is our plumpest pig. And for him to popcorn straight up from all four feet is rare. LOL. Well, he got only about an inch off the ground... then, after he landed, he immediately began to hiccup. It was so funny I thought I had to share it with everyone.

But perhaps it was one of those "You really had to be there" moments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TexCavy; 12-19-2003 at 12:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 07:03 AM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Just like he had to muster up all his strength to popcorn and it resulted in a hiccup!

I thinks it's so funny when a "bigger" pig popcorns!

I've Been Frosted!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 08:01 AM
Official Thread Hogger

I got a good visual of that...kind'a like "jack 'n' the box" .

Carrera
__
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I was picturing it in my head as you were describing it. Thanks for sharing.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I had no idea what "popcorning" was - then I read your description of him doing it and pictured in my mind.
It sounds really cute - do all piggies popcorn? That must be so funny to see!

[center]

[
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Fungus Mungus Rep

Most piggies popcorn. The unfortunate mistreated ones might not, But happy healthy piggies do it, though some slack off with age... undestandable so. But yeah its a really cute thing to witness. Just popping up into the air and sometimes making a "yipe" sort of sound. Perhaps the piggy version of Yippee.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I love it!! I would love to see a bunch of happy piggies popcorning and saying "yipeee"!! Tooo cute!!!

[center]

[
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Ah I love it when the old guys get all happy like that! Mine do that when I get them treats they don't often have.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 02:04 PM
It's all in my head!

I think they are cute when they burp and hiccup. Bigger pigs don't get a lot of air when they popcorn but they still try. Maybe we should learn something from them.

Cavy slave to Mama Christie, Scruffy, Sno pig and Harry.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

Aww, sounds cute! I could just imagine.

I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus