Pregnant pig question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Jorgha

Pregnant pig question

I have *never* heard of this in all my time working with animals so I thought I would aak just to be on the safe side.

I was told that two female guinea pigs can not get along together in the same cage and that the pregnant female will more than likely kill the babies after they are born.

Boothie? Anyone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:24 PM

I have never heard of that happening, Boothie is the one that can help you the most.
How pregnant is she?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Jorgha

This is said piggies from person that you got Maxie from. We discussed this...no idea how far along she is. I am going to have make an educated guess later. Going to sex pig number two to make sure that there is no more sex mix-ups with the animals...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:37 PM

LOL, I agree would be a good idea to sex the second one.
I was thinking it was another piggie. Sorry
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I did some quick searching (will do more later) and from what I have read that's not true. As long as they haven't been newly introduced they should be fine and the non-pregnant one will actually HELP the mom and new babies.

As with anything I would keep a close eye cause we all know crap happens, but I think they should be fine.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Jorgha

I sexed the second guinea pig, and it is female. I am wondering now if she isn't pregnant as well. Her belly is a bit firmer than I expected so I am going to have to keep an eye on her, all things considering anything is possible. I am guessing from what I know that she is about half way or so thru the pregnancy, felt a baby pig move when I was checking her out. Will keep everyone updated on the piggies. Hoping Boothie will tell me in 50 words or less everything she knows about breeding guinea pigs. LOL.

Tags
guinea pig, male guinea pigs