Sad Day... RIP Tater - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Sad Day... RIP Tater

Well last night Tater started showing signs of not doing well. He had lost some weight between Sunday night and Tuesday but Wednesday he hadn't lost anymore but last night he was having trouble breathing and you could tell he had an infection. I am so upset.. he didn't seem sick before and it hit so fast. I called the ER vet and was told there was really nothing they could do for him being so small and young. Well that was at 8 or 9 pm last night. He passed this morning sometime after 2 am (that's when I went up to bed) and 6:30 am (when hubby next checked n him). I haven't told the kids yet as they had school and I didn't want to upset them before hand.

Harley and Murphy (momma) are doing well though so I guess I should be thankful for that. Harley is already 155 grams as of this morning. I am going to post some new pics of Harley this afternoon when I get around to it.

~Jenn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

RIP Tater
I'm so sorry for your loss

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Wow the ER vet said to not even bother? That's weird! In medicine, the mission of a practitioner is to preserve life or lose the patient trying...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I am so sorry! The poor little guy.
hugs.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Aww I'm so sorry!

RIP Tater

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awwww sorry to hear that. When we first got our piggies we didn't know nearly enough about them. We had read a couple books but it wasn't enough. Anyway we trusted the store to sex them and ended up with a male and female together. A couple months after we got them we had three babies. We lost two of them quite quickly and without warning. So don't feel to badly. We did everything we could for them starting with flying out to the store to buy a whole new set up for dad so we didn't have another litter

Sadie,Jewel,and Zucco
Minnie
Sweetheart

Plus a proud foster momma to Momma and Mable

Proud foster mom to Naomi
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Oily Chickenspew

sorry for your loss

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

so sorry for your loss

Fidget the Prairie Dog
Precious the Guinea Pig....rip 10/27/07
Ziggy the Dog
75 gallon aquarium

Lucinda, Nice to meet ya