Saved Guinea Pig - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Has Delusions of Safety

Saved Guinea Pig

(sorry this will end up being a long story, I just cant ever seem to keep a story short)

Ok we had adopted a Pepper from the humaine socitey, they said she was between 6 and 8 years old. We had her about 6 months and then she died in her sleep one night. She was such a sweety. Well this girl Logan works with had 2 guinea pigs. She decided she wanted to get rid of one of them that is around 6 months old. Because he kept biting her. Well she had named him MISS FIFI! I would have bit her to. So she brings it up to work when Logan was getting off last night. She said that we could have the cage and all. When he brought the now renamed Spike home, I hit the roof when I seen the cage he was in. ITS A HAMSTER CAGE! a little 12x12, if you go to pet smart they sell them CLEARLY MARKED HAMSTER for a complete set up. Also she had a little bird dish (smaller then ones I have for my canarys) for the food. She said it was "becasue he kept pooping in the other one" Well the poor thing could hardly turn around in that cage it has to poop where its butt it pointed. Then she had a little wooden house in the cage that it could only fit its head in. Funny thing is I have the exact same house in one of Dwarf Hamster cages. She also had no bedding just newspaper in the cage. When Logan told her the cage was to small for him she said "oh really, I didnt think they needed any room" Though she did say the other one is in a bigger cage (what A bird cage?) It is a good thing that I wasnt there I think I would have gone off about it. I dont really like her to begin with, and I get very upset when I see an animal being mistreated. Logan set her straight and she said she was going to get a bigger cage for the other one (still worried about him) Well brought him home, and it was a little tricky getting him out of the cage (the door was almost to small) and into Peppers old cage, he went nuts. We had bought him a good sized house to go in it, he had a huge full food dish, fresh hey, and a bowl of veggies. He acted afraid of the hey and veggies, like he didnt know what they were. I am going to give him a couple days to calm down before I try to handle him. We have his cage next to our bunnies so he will have some company. He seems happy now. I made a mistake of putting his old cage on the table beside his cage, he ran to the other side of the cage and hid behind his little house and wouldnt come out until I moved the other cage. I am afraid that he thought I would put him back in that thing. Poor little guy! He is such a little doll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I live in a Pigdom

Good luck with your new addition. I am glad you got him out of that situation.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

awww good luck!! be happy with him

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaaawwww sounds like he's had an awful start to life but at least it sounds like he's found a good home now, goodluck with him and give him lots of hugs and cuddles

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

What a poor start in life Spike had, some people are so ignorant regarding the needs of animals.. I hope you have many happy times together.. Good luck!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 05:40 PM

How awful! I'm glad he's in a good home now. I knew some people who were keeping their piggy in a ten-gallon fish tank with cedar chips! They e-mailed me for some advice because the guinea pig kept soiling her cage and herself several times a day. I politely told them to immediatley get her a bigger cage and get her away from cedar chips and never heard back from them. I hope they got the gp a new cage and new chips!

Tags
bird cage, dwarf hamster, fish tank, guinea pig, hamster cage