Shedding? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Shedding?

hi,
i noe its prolly a dum question, but are guinea pigs suppose to shed ALL the time? when i take my guinea pig out, she leaves fur all over my clothes and everywhere she goes, there is fur left by her. is this normal? and do they always shed this much? im just curious. i notice she sheds ALOT

thanx! =]

1 RES-Speedy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Guinea pig-Furball
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 frog

2 cats

I ♥ ANIMALS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Part of the Pack

I think its pretty normal, mine do it all the time. Just as long as there are no bald patches, which could be a sign of mites.

My zoo:
The rats: London, Remmy, Butterfly, and Arabella
The guinea pigs: Victor, Augustus, and baby Milo
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

nope no bald patches. just constant shedding =]

1 RES-Speedy

1 Guinea pig-Furball

1 frog

2 cats

I ♥ ANIMALS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:21 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Quote:
Long haired guinea pigs tend to shed more than short haired ones. While this may be normal and some guinea pigs seem to shed excessively, it is important to note that shedding may be one of the early signs of a parasite or fungal infection. Watch for general thinning of the coat, excessive scratching, sores, dandruff (more visible in darker colored guinea pigs) or other indications your pig may need treatment.
From Guinealynx.info
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You should see my Harriette!!

she has sooo much hair and she leaves it on our clothing as well. Dont worry, no bald patches, thinning, sores or mites.

I love her ...

Lve Never Fails

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

=] lol shes cute

i dont see any of those signs on furball so i htik shes ok =]

1 RES-Speedy

1 Guinea pig-Furball

1 frog

2 cats

I ♥ ANIMALS!

Tags
guinea pig