The Slobbers - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2003, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
And here I am again, showing my butt!

Question The Slobbers

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, little Olivia has massive malocclusion problems. My vet is out of town until Monday when he will do her second planing and she can start wearing the Chin Sling regularly. In the meantime...

She has massive slobbering, all the way down to her tummy. However, I noticed today that the fur that's wet is turning green!! What could be causing that? Remember that she's not eating anything on her own so it's not like she's getting stained from veggies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I hate to say it, but it sounds like a kind of fungus.
When I had a cocker spaniel it's bottom lip where fur line meets mouth area ,it had fungus infection, it was green and smelled terrible. I was constantly cleaning and shaving the area. Maybe you should trim off all the fur where she's slobbering. It will dry faster, that's if she stops slobbering constantly.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2003, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

That's a good start. I was thinking about cutting the hair as well. Easier said than done, I'm afraid -- wish me luck!!

This poor, poor animal. She has gone thru sooo much. I've decided that if the second planing next week and wearing the Chin Sling does not help her, it's probably time to let her go. I know that I have done absolutely everything I could possibly do for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

Poor Olivia....

I'm sorry, SP. I hope the hair-clipping helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To see more pictures of Molly, Milo, Max & Maddie and their home
click on the picture or visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Fungus Mungus Rep

I remember Scooterspet on CG had a pig with the slobber problem because of having only one tooth. A year ago or so there were several threads discussing how she was working to manage the problem. If you are able to go there and look that up, or PM her it might be of some help. Sorry, I do not know if you are one of the ones who left there or was forced out or if you ever were there. I just want to give you options that might help out with this.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I was forced out but I have managed to sneak back in under a different name... I'll look that up -- thanks for the info!!

Hubby had a good point last night -- he said that they have all that fur for protective reasons and if I were to cut the hair away, it could really mess up her skin. So I didn't cut it.

Tags
cocker spaniel