So very MAD!!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 08:00 PM
nikky

Angry So very MAD!!!!!!!

Yesterday when i took Squeek to get spayed the vet did some test before doing the fix and you would not belive it but she is due to have babies, now since i have had them they have not spent a second together for this reason. The reason i am so mad is that the pet store that i got them from has been very slack by letting males with females. now im so very scared because i dont have a clue what to do. Can someone please help me, I know how to look after them but i dont know how to look after the little ones an i dont know how to make the right habbitat for her. PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sorry, I can't help, but sure someone else can. I wish you the best of luck!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 06:08 PM
nikky

oh well got a new habbitate set up and she is now in there i spoke to a breeder and she was very helpful.... no more help needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

Good to see that you have the help you need. What an excuse to have more furry friends. Please keep us updated as to how the preperations and the birth, and the little squeakers do.

www.animaldreamz.com
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 08:29 PM
nikky

no worries.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 09:01 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I rescued a pregnant female (which I knew) early in September. A few days later I looked in their habitat and these two gorgeous guys were looking back at me!!

They are fabulous. And wonderful. All you have to remember is separate yours from the mom 3-4 weeks after birth or you risk another pregnancy! Sexing GPs is simple, and the subject for another thread.

Sam and Leslie

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Adolescent Pup

Best of luck! I'm sure it will be ok.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 09:20 PM
nikky

do you know how long they are pregnant for i just want to work out how long she has to go, i spoke to the pet shop and they said they had only had them for 2 days when i bought them. and ive had them for just over a week

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 08:38 AM
I live in a Pigdom

* Normal birth weight of young: 70-100 gm
* Typical litter size: 2-5 cavies [Range: 1 to 7]
* Gestation Period: 59-73 days
* Weaning Age: 14-21 days (see FAQ for when to separate)
* Weaning Weight: 150-200 gm
* Length of estrus cycle: 15-17 days
* Milk Composition: 3.9% fat, 8.1% protein, and 3.0% lactose
* Earliest Reproductive Age - Female 4 weeks
* Earliest Reproductive Age - Male 3 weeks

*As found at GuineaLynx.info

Seperate male pups from mom and sisters at 3 weeks as they can impregnate their mom and possibly their sisters.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 04:01 PM
nikky

thanks heaps that helps so much so she is not that far along. vet said he could not tell how far, as she is only small, are baby piggys born with hair?

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I live in a Pigdom

With hair, teeth, running, they are not like hamster babies or rabbit babies. They are prepared to follow their mother the minute they are born.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 PM
nikky

oohh that is so sweet i cant wait to see them thanks for all your help

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

You may want to check out www.cavycages.com/forum. They generally always offer great advice. A warning though, make sure they know you didn't intentionally breed them. They are a strict anti-breeding site with a bunch of members from rescues and such.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thanks

Thanks for the reminder I forgot about that site. There is a lot of experiance and knowledge there.. And to agree with you ya they are very protective about the pet store and breeding thing.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

Get your boy fixed. Its much eaisier then spaying and by the time the babys are here he can live with her and help take care of them.

Tags
gestation period, pet shop, pet store