SpottyPoo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

SpottyPoo

Hi SP!

What ever happened to Buddy and Gimpy? I just realized I missed a step between Buddy & Gimpy and Katie & Olivia

The boys were such cuties!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To see more pictures of Molly, Milo, Max & Maddie and their home
click on the picture or visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 11:42 AM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

HA!! You remembered those messy little boys!

They were just too much for me to handle. They pooped 10x more than my girls, they chewed on EVERYthing, they pee'd on every wall they could find, they were constantly play fighting in the cage stirring up a mess and making a ton of racket -- they were just a mess!! So, I returned them to the rescue from whence they came. I was on the way home from returning them that I went into the pet store and found Katie & Olivia.

(No worries, though -- the boys were adopted just 2 days later!!)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Ah well... you know what they say "boys will be boys!" LOL I'm sorry it didn't work out, they really were adorable. But I'm glad they found a new home

To see more pictures of Molly, Milo, Max & Maddie and their home
click on the picture or visit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I've been waiting for Jinx to turn into a smelly boy pig,lol. But he's as big as his Mom already and he got his crown jewels too, but the great news is he dosen't have that scenting thing going on, plus he's pretty neat and clean , and is really handsome to boot.
I'm pretty happy with him, Thankgoodness!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 11:40 PM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

LL, you crack me up!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Erin

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Toilet Paper Deputy In Training

Double
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sorry, but what do you mean?

I was just happy he doesn't make that scent, it's not a real pleasant one. I will keep him no matter what he smelled like any way.He can smell like a skunk and he will still stay here.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Toilet Paper Deputy In Training

Sigh. I'm too brain dead to know exactly what I feel. I'll enlighten you when I find out.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Erin

I just roll my eyes at the fact that you two are insisting that boys are messier and stinkier.

That's one for each of my boars too.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have PMS ~so watch the roll eyes!
Boys are stinky!!!! face the facts,lol
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Erin

It seriously does make me pissy when you say that over and over, no joke. Rescues are full of boars because of all the negitive remarks and false truths out there about them.

I've got 6 boars in a room with 20+ sows, they don't smell any worse than the sows except when you have to open their anal pouch and clean it.

If you'd like to come over for a sniff, I welcome you.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ive had boars before(before you were born) , i'm well aware some scent alot, and some don't.
I'm not trying to make any one pissy. You and others here that have boars have said that they do let off scent. Some people don't like the odor, that's just the way it is. It's sad they're more in shelters, no doubt about it. I did not do that.
Some times we are going to talk about it .Sorry it bothers you.
If I make you pissy then I won't bother come back.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:57 PM
swannie

I have to say, our boars don't smell any more than our sows. In fact, Jubilee is so polite as to do most of his peeing in the same corner, for very easy spot cleaning. The boars only do the major "scenting" that REALLY smells when we put them on towels that the ladies have already been on during cage cleaning time. They really never do it any other time, even when they return to their own freshly-cleaned cages. In fact, our girls do most of the urine spraying around here. But the boys don't poop/pee in greater quantity than the girls. They just poop bigger.

Cleaning their bits doesn't take long either, and it doesn't smell at all, providing you breathe through your mouth only.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Erin

It's not a matter of you leaving, at all.

It just seems that every post that talks about boars, you mention how much they smell.

It's getting old for me, and maybe some others too.

Oh, and did boars 21 years ago smell more? Or do you just know better because you are older?

Closed Thread

Tags
cage cleaning, pet store