Toy Ideas! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Junior Jouster

Toy Ideas!

Just wondering what kind of toys you guys put in your guinea pigs cages...

I have the balls with the bells in them that I put in there (they're really cat toys)

I just wanna keep my pigs entertained!

Mini Horse: Moose
Mini Donkey: Letty
Potbelly Pig: Bubbles
Nigerian Dwarf Goats: Tidy Whitey, Josie, Elroy
Miniature Schnauzer: Leelo
German Wirehaired Pointer: Cricket
Human: Katie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 AM

Hi there,

My guinea pigs seem to enjoy chewing sticks, and this is supposed to be good for their teeth too. You can buy willow sticks in pet shops, or if you have access to an apple tree (not treated with any chemicals such as pesticides) you could just snap off a couple of small branches to give to them. Some other types of trees are suitable as well, but you'd need to do a bit of research to make sure you avoid any poisonous ones.

I find that attaching a short stick diagonally across the corner of a cage is good because it helps the guineas get a grip on it - use a bit of wire to attach both ends of the stick to the bars of the cage and tuck the ends of the wire on the outside of the cage, out of their way. I tried using string but it got chewed through instantly!

Another thing you can get in pet shops are willow balls that can be chewed and pushed around, and I think I've also seen some that come with a treat inside to encourage the guinea pigs to investigate, so you could try something like this.

Good luck and I hope you find lots of things they enjoy!
Ellie
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Bat

I'm getting mine a couple of largish flat stones over the weekend, and some low tables they can sit on or under and chase each other round.

I'm tempted to build them a 1m long serenity/firefly model as a playhouse, but that might be a little ott. Maybe I'll make them a castle instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Betta Bomb

I would say anything that they can chew on?? IM not that well educated on GP but would imagine that maybe its the same as bunnies? I toss cardboard boxes and blankets in which my bunnies love to hide in and my rex Akina even covers herself up and looks like garfield in his lasagna pan! I also found baby toys from dollar stores add hours of jingelly amusement to my bunnies
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 02:13 AM

My two get hide boxes, they havent really played with the other things I put in there. So I just took them out. But they sure do love their hide boxes. They love playing in cardboard boxes, they also love to chew them! I have given the male guinea I have, Jarlaxel, a chew stick and he had no idea what to do with it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 AM

i was looking around some online pet stores and they seem to sell a lot of like nesting box style things for them to hide in... balls, things to chew on, tubes to go through just anything realy thats safe for them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:19 PM

My guinea pig LOVES boxes! Just give her any cardboard box, any shape or size and it will keep her happy for hours... It's so fun to watch. Teehee. : D

Tags
fun, guinea pig, toy