Using blankets as bedding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Using blankets as bedding

So ive been using aspen for the longest time now, but i noticed a lot of people use material like old blankets, wool, fleece and what not. But i was wondering, wouldnt they just pee/poo on the blanket? and if i wash it wouldnt all the pee just get all mixed up with all the other stuff? How would i wash it or do i just throw it away? also how often would i clean. I have about 400 US dollars so im gonna buy them ALLLLLL the stuff they want (hehe little spoiled piggies) like a Giant C&C cage possibly 2 stories Umm so to shorten it: what do i do with the blankets after i use them wash them or dump them? Also how do i get them more used to floor time they kinda just sit there shocked and do absolutely nothing

Thx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:29 AM
Adolescent Pup

just make sure you are prepared to clean it.. looks pretty nasty with all those pee and poo....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

try litter training them. the base of my rats cage was full of care fresh, but when i started using the litter pan with care fresh inside and fleece around it they got the idea right away. its been like that for two whole weeks and still no accidents.

*Cameron*

Rosy (coming soon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Seeker of Orbs

we just vacuum it every other day (have a dyson..don't know how it'd work with a bag vac..) then throw JUST Hagrid's fleece and under liner (crib liner) into its own wash every week. works great.

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny

Tags
bedding wool blanket