Want a Guinea Pig - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Want a Guinea Pig

Hi, I have a 2 year old female Guinea Pig and am looking to get her a friend. It must be a female, age and breed do not matter. My piggy is sharing her big cage (5fX4f) with a nice 2 year old bunny and there is lots of room for another piggy. If you are in the Ottawa, Ontario area and you have a nice GP to give, please contact me. Thanks!!! Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 12:48 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

First I would suggest removing your rabbit from your guinea pigs cage, they should not be house together. Rabbits can seriously injure guinea pigs, they also have different diets, etc.

www.guinealynx.info
www.cavyspirit.com
www.guineapigcages.com

Those are some links about guinea pig care, houseing, etc. Also have forums with people that are looking to rehome thier guinea pigs. You could also look on Petfinder.com. www.craigslist.com is another good place to find guinea pigs that need homes.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Ambieruns, My bunny is the most gently bunny ever. If someone in that cage rules the other sure is my GP. They have been together for 2 years and I will 'not' seperate them. I know about bunny diet and I know about guinea pig diet, and I can tell you that my 2 pets are spoiled rotten!!!! They share the same pellets that are high in fiber and My GP gets her daily Vitamin C supplement. They both get the same veggies and they both eat the mix hay. Ambieruns10, I know where your concern may comme from, but if there was a issue with them 2 being together they wouldnt be together in first place. Thanks for the links!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Rodentologist

I do have to agree with ambieruns on this one.

http://www.guineapigcages.com/rabbits.htm

If your guinea pig and your rabbit are getting the same diet, one is getting a shortage of something in their diets. Nutritionally speaking, there is not a single pellet that will fulfill the needs of both animals.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

People....people....people...... Let NOT worry about that...Ok? They are getting what they need. You are missing the real point of this thread! This thread is called 'Want a Guinea Pig'!!!! I had them together for 2 years and they both are in perfect health. I am looking for a GP, if you cant help do not reply and waste your or my time. Thanks
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Rodentologist

The reason I mention it is that most reputable rescues and adoption centers will NOT adopt out a guinea pig to live with a rabbit. Our rescue center doesn't becuase of the associated problems in the link I posted.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Jennicat, thanks but no thanks. I know about Rabbits and Guinea Pigs more than some people do. If my bunny and GP didnt get along they wouldnt be together in first place... They been together for 2 years...... Keep that in mind. If no rescue wants to sell me a GP, I'll have NO problem getting one at the petshop. Pls unsubscribe from this thread if you have no inttentions of replying the 'real' meaning of this thread.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Rodentologist

Sandra, I'm very sorry that you are offended by people responding to a public thread in a public forum in a completely polite manner that isn't what you want to hear. Sadly, that sometimes happens on forums, as you cannot control what people post.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sandra, did you notice the little red square near your name?? Read what it says.

Jennicat and Ambieruns here are only trying to help...

Also maybe no one will want to GIVE you another piggie because of your attitude. If you get one at the petshop its your decision. I just hope your bunny will accept the new piggie and that you wont have any trouble. You know your bunny may or may not accept another piggie and thats the risk you will take.

Lve Never Fails

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 PM

What happens when someday your rabbit decides to kick your guinea pig and it breaks your guinea pigs back? Rabbits are powerful animals, even if they are "the most gentle bunny ever". Plus, you are putting any new pig you get in danger. Your rabbit may very well get along with your current pig, but most likely will NOT like an intruder.

If you want whats best for your guinea pig, you will take peoples advice. We are only here to help.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Jennicat, I cannot control what people post ... you are right. But when I have a subject line as simple as 'Want a GP' ... I didnt expect people to go completely OFF SUBJECT. My pets are getting what needed, they are spoilled rotten.... They are a better life together then most GP that parents gets for their kids and end up at a shelter when they are bored of their pets. I have this same thread posted on a local forum and so far all the response i've had are good leads..... Cant say same from this Forum. I dont know who the adm is on here but I'd like for that person to close this thread. thanks.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Rodentologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambieruns10
What happens when someday your rabbit decides to kick your guinea pig and it breaks your guinea pigs back? Rabbits are powerful animals, even if they are "the most gentle bunny ever". If you want whats best for your guinea pig, you will take peoples advice. We are only here to help.
Sadly this is all too common. Usually whenever we see guinea pigs that have been injured by rabbits, it is "very gentle" rabbits who have done the injuring. Not because they "turn" or anything, but because nobody in their right mind puts another animal in with an aggressive, territorial rabbit. Their gentle friend binkies in the wrong spot one day, and the poor pig has to deal with the consequences.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Sadly this is all too common.
I know, Ive read some really awful stories. It makes me sad that people would rather put their pets in danger, than take the advice of people, like you, who have seen what can happen.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

sometimes we dont get what we want...and people here are only concerned for the well being of the piggie and the rabbit too. Thats why they got "off topic".
You have a high and mighty attitude to say that your piggies are better cared for than some people give their kids and that you know MORE than some people here do...WE ARE ALWAYS LEARNING!
A humble person would realize that and accept advice. You dont have to take it but it will be offered only cuz people are concerned

Lve Never Fails

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

LMAO, yeah, yeah.... They have been together 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've been together since they are babies and they pet each other. Beside I have NO explication to give you guys. I can make the decision upon what I see and they've always been so nice. IF MY BUNNY WERE BEEN AGRESSIVE HE'D SHOW IT A LONG TIME AGO........HE IS 2 YEARS OLD NOW. Piss off ppl im off this thread. Have fun wasting your times because I wont waste mines reading your pathetic responses.
Closed Thread

Tags
guinea pig, guinea pig care