why my piggies arent full of life? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

why my piggies arent full of life?

ok, I know that guinea pigs have to get used to their new home and their owners, I did gave them some time and space (now I have three), but they are still so depressed. they dont do much, except male likes to jump and sqeak. but other two girls are like being depressed, they dont really jump. I was recording them with a digital camera several times, to see what they do when I'm out, but they still sit in their bedrooms and do nothing. when I look on you tube, other guinea pigs, even new, just runs around, moves stuff, jumps a lot, does all the little cute things and all in front of their owners. are my piggies scared of me? or I just got more shy and calm guinea pigs? but I have them for like a month now. but a friend said that her new piggie would only run around when out of the cage, but mine dont really do that. hm,,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Rodentologist

How big are their cages? What are their diets like?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

I do everything what people always tells me to do. I clean the cage, I do everything else. well their cage is 2 meters long, and 60cm wide, but its separated almost in the middle. luckly my two girls dont fight, miracle. but boy is in another half. I think they have enough space. and then I also take them out to eat clovers. and they eat what any other guinea pig eats. I bought a food for them and I give them apples, cucumbers, parsley, and other things.
like people told me, thats what I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Rodentologist

The cage is a little small for 3 pigs, especially if it's split in half and 2 girls are in half of it. (If I'm doing my conversions right, LOL)

As to their diet, it may play a part in their lack of activity. Most piggies are only going to be energetic in and about food. They need hay 24/7, free choice, always available, a plain pellet 1/8 - 1/4 of a cup per pig, per day, and a cup of fresh veggies once per day per pig.

Also, adding toys for them, including small plastic balls for cats, chewing sticks, paper bags full of hay, etc, will make them more active. Hope this helps!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
is a little "special"

Some piggies have different personalitys too: One of our piggies, Lizzie, is very out going and always begs for attention when you walk by. My piggy, Sunny, is extremly shy and darts right into her huts when she sees the slightest movement! Maybe your piggies are just more calm than other peoples pigs. Or if you adopted them from a shelter or other rescue group, you might not know their exact age, and they might be a little older and have less energy. I hope they do good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

my guinea pig is lazy..lol...i take her out and she justs sits in one spot, doesn't move...i walk away and sometimes(just sometimes) she will chase after me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fidget the Prairie Dog
Precious the Guinea Pig....rip 10/27/07
Ziggy the Dog
75 gallon aquarium

Lucinda, Nice to meet ya
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

mine is shy and runs into his hut when i am around.. but when i'm gone or laying in bed he runs around squeeks all happy and wistles it's cute but i wish he would be ok with me too

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i have noticed that if you move them to a larger set up they see to popcorn and seem happier in general....perhaps you could enlarge the setup and maybe neuter the male so he can socialize with the females, i bet he would be happier with a companion whether it be the females or another male

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Yea my piggies just sat there all of the time, looking at me like *do u expect us to move?* the only thing i could get them to do is climb into their cage when they were done outside... and sometimes i could make a trail of hay for them to follow so they actually moved!! but they were both perfectly healthy, happy piggies who lived a very long, happy life.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"]"I pity the man who is not wiser today then he was yesterday.[/COLOR -Abraham Lincoln

Chihuahua's -Cocoa Bean-Joey-[/

Chinniechilla-Gizmo-[/

Wiggie Pig-Ariel- passed on last week... will miss you sweetie

IF ANYBODY CAN PERSUADE MY MOM TO LET ME HAVE ANY MORE PETS, COULD U TRY FOR ME??
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

Guinea pigs need vitamin C every day. They get very lack-luster and sick without it. Their bodies can't make it themselves. You can put drops in their water if you can't get the necessary fruits & veg.

Tags
guinea pig