[Mice] Sudden Jolty Movements - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

[Mice] Sudden Jolty Movements

Just right now, i noticed my mouse suddenly moved so quickly. way beyond normal. she hoppped a couple times all of a sudden, and ran from one side of her home to another & i couldn't even follow her with my eyes. should i be worried ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Adolescent Pup

eehhhh maybe if it keeps happening and happening, usually she just may be letting out excess energy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 04:04 PM

im sure shes playing but live ive said before im no expert. my rats do the same thing when theyre hyper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Part of the Pack

so does my bunny. He binkies. He'll be soo still and then he will jump and flip in the air and run at top speed. Its cute. Anyways, just keep an eye on it, make sure she's eating and drinking and pooping and peeing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Part of the Pack

I put down a mouse about a month ago for odd jerking movements. He would jerk back as if something flicked his nose repeatedly. He would really only do it if alarmed or scared, but it was like a tic - he couldn't help it. It got worse and worse, though he could eat/drink fine because he wasn't usually hyped up. However, he finally got so bad that I decided it wasn't worth it for him, and put him down.

I'm thinking it was some sort of brain tumor, however. He was a normal mouse until a month or so before that.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM

aw capricecritters that is so sad! i really hope thats not what is causing my boys to do it