2 new mommas? Are my girls pregnant? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

2 new mommas? Are my girls pregnant?

So about 2 weeks ago we added 3 new additions to our family, Nutmeg, Sassafras and Chi, the fancy mice. I immediately saw differences in Nutmeg and Chi's behavior verses Sassy's. I can't seem to hold them because they are very frantic and hate being touched while I can take Sass around the house with me. I first noticed the two lumps above Nutmeg's hips the day after we got her. My other family members agreed that she was a bit bigger in the tummy than the other two and today I noticed the same lumps on Chi. At certain positions, you can see them more distinctly but they always seem to protrude and they are much rounder than Sass.
I can't attach photos because I am on mobile but I can email or message them on request.
Thank you for reading!
EDIT: I have checked to see if their nipples are swollen and I can see them on both girls but none on Sass.
EDIT: Sass is a girl, I checked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Hmm thats interesting, I'm not really sure if you'll be able to know for sure if they are pregnant or not, but if their hips are getting significantly bigger that is one pretty big sign of pregnant mommas! Keep and eye on them and if they do have babies you'll hear the little buggers squeaking and you might want to separate the mice if that happens, although I have heard stories of female mice "helping" each other with the babies I've never personally had more than one mouse pregnant at a time so I'm not sure!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Tags
mice