40 day old bubbers :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

40 day old bubbers :)

My rescue litter from Lilith is now 40 Days Old…woah! When did this happen? Almost 6 weeks old! Still widdle babies to me though

These boys are such happy, friendly, bouncy babies…my couch looks like it’s infested when they are out playing…LOL. Then I go near and the Human Magnet goes off…

Look who’s here guys!!!

It’s the Tasty Human again

Looks like a hoodie tower

Little Yoda is getting a wee bald spot (right)

Little Yoda launches himself onto me whenever I am close enough

Just like his momma, Sully (Monsters Inc.) rears on command and shows off his cute tatty bits

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

oh my they are so sweet I have a d-rex rat named Yoda. Are they double rexes like I think they are? Oh I love them kind. close ot lookign liek a hairless but with what I like to call a punk cut. lol
I cant wait to se what my 2 d- rexs produce. I breed my yoday with tattioe a d- rex and reba a rex. They are so cute and cool they are all hoods, any that may be bare backs with spotitng? or jsut poor hoods?. I love all the difrent types of rats. Yodas Dad is a dumbo so I am hoping for a dumbo double rex I have seen them and they look so cute. Although I love the standard rats to they remind me of little pointed eared dogs on alert soem remind me with beign so bouncey of jack russle terriers. lol.
They are lovely I would love to have one.
Diamond
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

I won't comment on the breeding, but Lilith is a REX, not a double rex as she has standard coat babies in her litter. A double rex mom with a standard dad would've had all rex litter. She looks phenotypically like a double rex...and her 3 boys look exactly like her, but genotypically she is a rex.

Momma Lilith

When I got her...too young to have babies

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

ok I have never seen a double rex baby but my tattioe sorts look that way but then went to the patch work. I like the rex as well. They are all lovely rattys.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

sorry I ment i never seen a rex baby but I have douebl rex and thye lok similer. I havent had enougth coffee yet this mosrning.
Diamond
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

so cute lilspaz!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 09:46 AM

I like Yoda's little bald spot. My double rex grew hair on her head right in that spot about a week ago. It's gone no though. D:
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

They are so cute.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Very cute!!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awww, they're so cute!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are too cute!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Are you gonna keep them all. Its hard to let my babies go but I cant keep all mine so the most I can do is Find the PET friendly homes. I have had some say well i want them for food why they a little high whats the diffrence. The price being high is to detter feeders away and why put all that work in to starting a line/ pedigree and keeping reconds carful breeding to sell as food. around here very few people breed for pet or show most jsut breed for food and will sell as pets but they are very bad health.
I wish I lived closer i would take some. Question how can I improve my hoods. their close but some are not meeting the tail or conecting to the hood. I havent found any except in pet stores the hoods I need. I was told to use a solid to help but dont know if thats ture I am working with the d-rex, rex and siamese show coats but I have people asking me for hoods now and want to know so when I breed in the futrue I know?
Diamond
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:41 AM
RAT ADDICT

Li'lSpaz is NOT the person to ask about breeding.
She is against breeding and very pro-rescue.

* Lisa *

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Li'lSpaz is NOT the person to ask about breeding.
She is against breeding and very pro-rescue.
Thanks Lisa.

But I would like to qualify that statement. I am not against proper breeding and actually have a lot of really responsible and ethical breeders as friends. They are the type who have researched before they started breeding, started with stock that had a very minimum of 3 generations known, and I mean, known through NARR, through all the rats health, temperament, illnesses, causes of death, etc.

Hoodies are not a thing most breeders are trying for, but I do have a couple of breeder friends working together to bring back a "good" hoodie line along with exceptional conformation, temperament and health.

Someone needs to work on the future of our rats, where the rescuers pick up the deitrus of "other" breeder's efforts. Sadly in Ontario no one is doing this, and we have people "rescuing" rats from the feeder bin then breeding them, not having a CLUE that they are creating genetic timebombs (and adopter's possible heartbreak) and putting them into a market that is already completely glutted with homeless, neglected, and unwanted rats. Ratatouille the movie did not help one bit

As for my boys, 3 are staying for sure (no homes), 3 are leaving on October 4th to go to a friend who runs a rescue as her personal rats, and 2 might be going to another friend. The 5 remaining boys (my 3 and possible 2 to be adopted) will be neutered and Lilith might be reintroduced IF she wants that.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM
RAT ADDICT

Your welcome.
Oh I wasn't sure if you were against proper,reputable breeding too.
Unfortunatly there are VERY FEW reputable breeders around and there are none here in Newfoundland.

* Lisa *