This about My Rat Muffin - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM

I just gave her the white part of a boiled egg for the first time yesterday and she loved it.. She took a bite from the first pc then stashed it and came back for more. I have never given her dog or cat food, the only meat she's gotten is small pc from supper like pork chop, chicken or steak. She also likes potatoes mashed or boiled. Last week I gave her a pc of crab and she almost fell out of her hammock trying to get it from my hand.

Thank you guys so much for all your help & advice...

P.S. Lisa I should be finishing building my new cage tonight, so hopefully I will be able to purchase Kila a cagemate tomorrow.. yahoooo. (Yes, I will keep her in a separate cage).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 03:59 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Hubbard
I just gave her the white part of a boiled egg for the first time yesterday and she loved it.. She took a bite from the first pc then stashed it and came back for more. I have never given her dog or cat food, the only meat she's gotten is small pc from supper like pork chop, chicken or steak. She also likes potatoes mashed or boiled. Last week I gave her a pc of crab and she almost fell out of her hammock trying to get it from my hand.

Thank you guys so much for all your help & advice...

P.S. Lisa I should be finishing building my new cage tonight, so hopefully I will be able to purchase Kila a cagemate tomorrow.. yahoooo. (Yes, I will keep her in a separate cage).
Oh yes,ratties LOVE meat products!! They go insane for stuff like that! Oh I forgot,you can also give a large chicken bone to her to chew on.They don't splinter in rats,like they do with dogs.

Wooo! When you get Kila a friend,you must show pictures! You know the rules!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Oh, Yes indeed... I know the rules.. Well, not really, but I do know the rule about posting new rattie pics... I hope the new one will be as friendly as Kila was...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Hubbard
Oh, Yes indeed... I know the rules.. Well, not really, but I do know the rule about posting new rattie pics... I hope the new one will be as friendly as Kila was...
Hehehehe!! I look forward to them already!
I am sure the newbie will be friendly,there are hardly any mean rats and the so called "mean" rats are usually just scared or injured...they are not really mean.I have never in my life met a mean rat.They rarely bite and if they do,there is usually a really good reason.

Okay I am rambling now...

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Hehehehe!! I look forward to them already!
I am sure the newbie will be friendly,there are hardly any mean rats and the so called "mean" rats are usually just scared or injured...they are not really mean.I have never in my life met a mean rat.They rarely bite and if they do,there is usually a really good reason.

Okay I am rambling now...
Hey I got her tonight!! Her name is Chyenne... and she is a sweetie pie... she stayed in my pocket for half an hour...
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

Hey, I was reading all of your posts and I was wondering. What are lab blocks? I do not think I have ever seen them. I have seen very large pellets that are for rats (I fed those to my old rat amongst other things). Is that what you guys are talking about?

This is a link of what they are like Kaytee Forti-Diet Mouse & Rat Food at PETCO

Last edited by APoetCalledAnya; 04-19-2007 at 11:16 PM.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 12:19 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by APoetCalledAnya
Hey, I was reading all of your posts and I was wondering. What are lab blocks? I do not think I have ever seen them. I have seen very large pellets that are for rats (I fed those to my old rat amongst other things). Is that what you guys are talking about?

This is a link of what they are like Kaytee Forti-Diet Mouse & Rat Food at PETCO
Yep,thats them.Thats a certain brand of them anyway.There are different brands of lab blocks.I use "Nutriblock" usually,unless I cannot get that brand,then I go with whatever other brand is available.

* Lisa *

Last edited by VanillaRat; 04-20-2007 at 12:25 AM.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 09:41 AM

I use "Nutriblock" as well & I have to drive an hour to get it. We only have 2 pet stores in Orangeville only one sells animals and the food is that gerbal hamster mix.

Tags
cat food, dog food, dried fruit, dried fruits, food bowl, food bowls, lab block, lab blocks, litter train, litter trained, pet food, pet food recall, pet store, pet stores, rat food, rolled oats, royal canin, shredded wheat, sunflower seeds, wet food