This about My Rat Muffin - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hi, everyone I'm a little new to this and I was just wondering.... I have had her for a few months now and I cant pick her up with out her peeing on me a little bit but this doesnt happen for a few mins, like she'll be on my soulder and I'll smell something and she peed on me not alot just like a few little drops everywhere. Is there something I can do to stop her from doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Will It Ever Change?

hi and welcome!! i've found my rats drip-while-walking, even my litter trained fella. i'm not sure if they can help it

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My ratties don't usually mark on me, but they do everywhere else they go. I don't think there's a way to stop them. But really, it's just a tiny bit of pee. If it really bothers you try to keep a few shirts that you just wear when you have her out and then you won't have to worry about her ruining a nice one.

PS. I'm finally out of moderation, so my posts show up right away!

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks I really dont find it to be a problem it just stinks but oh well... hey I have a question mtmaughan on the bottom of your you have the names of your animals and a little cartoon next to it how do i get those?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Click the User CP link at the top. On the left should be a link that says Edit Signature. Click it and you can type whatever you want. Under the Smilies on the right, click the More link and it'll show you lots of Smilies to add.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

My first rat did that all the time too. She would always leave little pee drops every where. Hers didn't smell though. It was a little embarassing when people would ask why she was leaving wet marks on my shirt. So I just said that she was drooling from being happy. lol. My baby rat doesn't do it yet. I am hoping she doesn't. I know that will gross my boyfriend out and really discourage him from holding her.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

LOL at the "drooling" rat!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmaughan
LOL at the "drooling" rat!
Well, drool sounds a lot better than pee. -smiles-
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Isn't that the ultimate sign of affection from a rat? I think they're just scent marking you. That, along with grooming, are probably the best compliments you can get from a rat. Oh, and when they brux their teeth really loud as they're running around and playing...one of mine does it so loud I think his teeth are going to crack
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Part of the Pack

My rat has never done that, she shows her affection by licking my hand when ever she gets the chance!

My zoo:
The rats: London, Remmy, Butterfly, and Arabella
The guinea pigs: Victor, Augustus, and baby Milo
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Mine lick my hands constantly. And they brux on my shoulder and try to groom my head. But they don't pee on me!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyman
Isn't that the ultimate sign of affection from a rat? I think they're just scent marking you. That, along with grooming, are probably the best compliments you can get from a rat. Oh, and when they brux their teeth really loud as they're running around and playing...one of mine does it so loud I think his teeth are going to crack
That is true. I never really thought of it that way. My old rat used to groom me all the time. She would try to steal my earrings from my ears too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl
My rat has never done that, she shows her affection by licking my hand when ever she gets the chance!
My baby rat suckles on my finger tips and constantly licks my fingers. I know she is not doing it because they smell like food. I wash my hands before I hold her. She is a baby and I do not want her getting sick. I make my boyfriend wash his hands too. XD
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Adolescent Pup

oh you are loved. Rats will piddle on their owners telling the world that you belong to them. Males do it more often than females. Our males piddle our hands all of the time. I just play with them, then wash up. Our females, Inky & Oreo--RIP, also marked us. THere is very little you can do about it. It's just rat behavior. Icky--yeah, but.....

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Adolescent Pup

Mine always leaves little piddle drips on the back of my hands and on the cuffs of my sleeves. As soon as I get home I put on a t-shirt and a fleece zipped jacket (my Kila cloths). She is always licking my hands and occaisionally she'll run up to my face and lick my top lip. One time when I was talking she actually licked my tongue!

Kila The Rat Faced Girl & Baby Cheyenne

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My Zorro tries to lick my lips, but I don't usually let him because I'm afraid that he might accidentally nip me or something, and that would hurt pretty bad on the lips. He's a chewer and likes to nibble on my fingers, so I'm paranoid about him and my lips!

Maureen

Six new rats

Tags
cat food, dog food, dried fruit, dried fruits, food bowl, food bowls, lab block, lab blocks, litter train, litter trained, pet food, pet food recall, pet store, pet stores, rat food, rolled oats, royal canin, shredded wheat, sunflower seeds, wet food