Photos! Achilles and Maximus Photos: 1 Year Birthday! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Achilles and Maximus Photos: 1 Year Birthday!

Hello to my forum friends!

Well, my two loves, Achilles and Maximus turned 1 year old on February 14th. They have grown into big, beautiful boys and of course my husband and I were so proud of them, as they turned the big "1"! My precious, sweet babies. I feel like the proud mother beaming at her kids' very first birthday.

I apologize in advance for the lack of variety in my photos and the poor lighting in the video I have included in my post. No matter how much extra lighting I try to get into my video and photo shots, they are always soooo dark. Not so much with photos but with video. Sigh.

And our boys love their play village so much that most of the photos I take end up there! I need to get some good photos of them having free play on our bed!

I was so bummed because the video I took of my boys actually showed our sweet Achilles bruxing and smiling while getting chin rubs and pets from Mom. But it is just sooo dark. Marc insisted that I post the video anyway as he thought my ratty friends would still enjoy it (and fill in the blanks with your imagination due to lack of detail!) Heh.

Anyway, I made the boys some special treats for their birthday, which consisted of some ratty "cakes" made of some rice cake chunks (those round rice cakes that taste like styrofoam, you know? They adore those) with a smidge of peanut butter (just a WEE smidge) and a little squirt of sugar free whipped cream. They loved them of course!

And I made a homemade card for them, although I was pressed for time and it was hurried. My cartoon portraits of Achilles and Maxie are not at the artistic level of Storyseeker, but it is the thought that counts, right?

(I drew the boys standing on top of the world as we tend to call them "The Masters of the Universe" being that they are so freakin' spoiled and always get what they want...rats tend to get their way just by being their charming selves, eh?)

Anyway, hope you all enjoy the (very few) photos I got of my babies on their big day. And if the video does not work, let me know! This is the LAST video I am going to post that is so dark! I will lick this lighting problem once and for all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esNRVCjSRnc

Achilles posing like a star with his birthday card, after determining it is not edible.

Maximus warily viewing the card and ready to flee in case the card tries to attack.

Big smiles all around from the birthday boys! Cheers!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Last edited by Vladina; 02-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awwww, that card is so sweet and they are ADORABLE as always!!!!! (I tried to watch the video, too, but it appears that you have it set to "private" instead of "public". If you go to the edit window, you can change that really easily.) They look so happy, and I bet they loved their special treats! Happy birthday, boys!!!!!!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thanks Breyer! Doh, like usual, I am a dork when it comes to video uploading....I changed the setting to public, so it should be all set now. (Not that you can see much...the video is probably only good for hearing me babble away with my ratty baby talk, ha ha).

Glad you liked the pictures! I definitely can say that my boys are very happy kids. I see it in their faces every day and it makes me melt.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

Hey guys... long time no post... Life has been a whirlwind for me.. Just wanted to say happy birthday.. late sorry.. to the boys!!! All our love from out rattie family..

Jimmie and Tonya

All our love...

Jimmie, Tonya, the twins Robin & Whiskers, the girls Nadia & Greyson, and our first Hector the Rat!

Thanks to Zoe, Leo & Jr for stealing our hearts and opening our love for little furry friends.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww, thanks so much James and it is great to hear from you! Thanks again for stopping in to wish my kids a Happy Birthday, that is so thoughtful!

Stay in touch with us, we miss you.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Happy Belated Birthday my gorgeous boys! They are handsome grown manrats now. Big hugs and kisses from Auntie Story! I know they got yummy snacks. And their card is adorable! My rats are giving me the hairy eyeball for not thinking of that. LOL

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thanks so much Story! I will definitely be sure to send your birthday greetings and smooches to my boys!

Sniff....my little babies are big boys now....should I start singing the "Sunrise Sunset" song from Fiddler on the Roof now?" Mmm, naw, I will just cry.

Hope your fur kids are doing well! Love ya mean it!

Vlad

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

P.S. on my last post Story...how ARE your girls doing? I would love an update, but I know you are probably super busy...next time you get a chance to do a Ratty News Update Flash, drop us a line?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith