I posted here a long while back when Patty first sufferred with a tumour. We got it removed and she recovered very well from her op. Then 6 months after that, she got another one, on the opposite side. We decided to get that one removed too, and again she recovered very well.
A couple of weeks ago, I found another 2. Quite small at the time. I took her to the vets again and they advised that we don't put her through another op, which I have to say I agree with. She will be 3 years old in January, and having already undergone 2 previous ops, the vet didn't think she'd respond well to another op, especially as 2 tumours would need to be removed.
These lumps are now very very big and starting to make it difficult for her to walk. She has also lost an incredible amount of weight. I feel so sad when I pick her up and she is all skin and bones. I took her back to the vet last week. He said he is confident she is in no pain as she is still quite bright and hasn't lost her appetite and that the weight loss is due to effect the tumours are having internally.
I just feel sort of cruel, seeing her like this, even if she's not in pain. I was just wondering, if it were you, what would you do? I guess my choices are to have her put to sleep now, to wait and watch to see if it noticibly starts affecting her quality of life (not moving around much, not eating etc) and then have her put to sleep, or wait for nature to take its course.
The thought of having her put to sleep upsets me greatly, but so does seeing her with these massive tumours and so skinny
She has a cage mate, Selma, they are from the same litter so have been together their entire lives. I'm also worried about how Selma will react to living alone when Patty's day comes.